Chapter 5

HAILEY'S P.O.V

"I will come home a bit late today."  Mom took her bag and everything else this morning in hurry.  "New office."

"Right."  I nodded.  "Take your time Mom.  Don't worry I got this."

"You got some pasta in the fridge but we haven't done shopping yet."  She stared at me with so much guilt.

"Oh goodness I'm 16, I can just walk and buy it by myself."  I chuckled.

"Is it fine with you?"  Mom kissed my forehead.

"Just settle everything up at the new place.  I'll be fine."  

"Okay honey I'm leaving!"  She hopped in the car.

"Bye bye Mommy, take care!"  I waved away.

Alright.  It's Monday again.  And it's been 3 days since I'm in Orlando.  Wow, what now, a permanent resident?  You may say so.  Because apparently I am.  Let's just not talk about New York anymore because as much as I missed it, it wouldn't get me back there again.

Today I decided to go to the local supermarket to shop some kitchen stuff, just like what I promised Mom.  We need more potatoes and veggies, alongside with cereals milk and coffee.  Oh yeah.  Big girl goes shopping.  I immediately showered and changed myself into a casual dress and cardigan.  No you don't ask, I've put my coat safe and sound in my dresser, though maybe one day Orlando has snow or something.

I walked along this neighborhood with my headpones on, but practically, I was glancing everywhere.  I tried to find some girls around my age to say hi to.  I promised myself to be more open to new people.  With the fact that I'm the new neighbor, so I should start something first.  But dang, nobody's here.  Maybe the kids are at school.  It's Monday, I forgot.

The last 1 hour I spent to go round this huge supermarket til I found what the most important thing I should get.  Breakfast prep.  Mom likes to combine all the normal breakfast like cereal and milk and bake it to a crunchy tiny cake.  So I got a lot to buy.

"Oh not you again."

Suddenly a rude voice came up from behind my trolley as I turned around.  "Oh not you again too."

"Can you just stay away from me?"  She started to confront me.

"Have I told you that I don't care about who you are and where you are?  I'm doing my thing, so you better mind your own business."  I asked her to step back.

"We haven't done!"  She shouted louder.

"I don't care!"  I confronted back.

"You have some spirit inside, huh?"  This rude girl from the beach that day tried to push me aside.  So I fell on the ground.

"Watch your hands!"  I yelled the loudest til I got everybody's attention in this store.

"You watch yourself!"  She slapped my cheek once again before stormed out.

"What the heck is her problem with me..."  I murmured as well as trying to stand up.  I felt dizzy.  Her last slap wasn't okay at all.  And funny, some people were just mesmerized with what just happened instead of helping me.

I rushed to pay my stuff and ran to the Starbucks here nearby the supermarket.  I can't go home like this.  That chic just hit my leg and I felt the hurt right away.  I walked with my one leg left.  And my house is pretty far from here.  With this leg, I couldn't make it that easy.

"Green tea latte, please.  Thank you."  I spoke to the barista through the closest table because I can't stand too long.  "I'm sorry..."

"It's okay.  I get the order for you."  The kind barista answered.  Luckily there were only other 5 people in this big store.

"Thank you."  I nodded.  I prepared my money and put it  on the table.

"What happened to you?"  The barista came to me and brought my coffee.

"One rude chic."  I rolled my eyes.  "Thank you very much."

"No problem."  He smiled at me then got back to serve the other guests.

"Hey."  A male voice came toward me as I tried to check on my bruise.  "Are you okay?"

I looked up fast and met those pair of eyes again.  "Hi...  Uhm..."

"Let me help you."  This guy immediately kneeled before me, taking care of my bruises on the leg.

"You don't have to..."  I shook my head.  "I can do this."

"She came to you again?"  He spoke.  Alright I swear I don't know his name yet, but too scared to ask.

"Yeah."  I sighed.  "I don't know what's her problem with me, except she spilled my coffee to us."

"She has that certain personality who can never let things go before she thinks it's done."  This guy answered calmly.

"Now what?  You know her?"  I asked.

"Pretty much growing up together before she moved to another neighborhood."  He smiled looking at me.  "But don't worry.  She's not a friend, if that's what you meant."

"No, it's even okay if you're her friend.  I have no reason to tell you no."  I spoke in low tone.  "Gosh, that hurts..."

"This?  I'm sorry.  Alright I'll be back with something."  He left me to the cashier table, asking for something.

I looked up to this gang across my table, where the guys walked from.  It's the same gang I saw 2 days ago at the beach.  They're like always in Starbucks?  No?  Then we must share the same appetite.  I tried to study their faces politely, with not trying too hard either, because that'd creep them.  I just wanted to say thank you to these 5 guys for being so nice to me, even when we don't know each other's name.  You know what?  They didn't seem like bother to know my name.  So why would I ask.  This one guy with dark brown hair simply smiled at me before he got on his phone.  I smiled back.  The other one was shirtless, his face is like Mexican or Italian, something like that.  He tossed his coffee to the air to me before sipped it.  Pretty nice.  The another one was wearing a black beanie, dressed in all black shirt and jeans.  He just smiled toward me.  And the last one studied my face back.  I didn't get anything but the obvious ones, that his eyes are blue and his hair is like blonde something.

"Here."  The guy came back with a bandaid.  "Let's put it..."

I think I choked inside my throat, knowing this guy can be this helpful without me asking it.  Then his friends were also nicely waiting for him as he treated me til I'm feeling better.  Here in Orlando, just like New York.  You meet those rude chic with loud voices, then some very nice people.  

"It's great.  Thank you so much."  I stopped him, finally.

"You sure?  Hey what about that bruise?"  He pointed to my cheek.  Oh yeah, the slap.

"Did she draw her hand on here?"  I chuckled.  "Fine, it's just one slap.  I got a lot before."

"Nobody deserves a slap.  Not even you."  He spoke calmly.  "Okay?"

"Okay..."  I nodded.  "Hey, what's your..."

Then he left.  What is it with people and their mysterious aura?  I didn't have time to ask what's his name when I really have encouraged myself to do it.  Dang.  All I know is his light brown eyes which shined as the sun hit them.  But guess how many people in here who have that certain kind of eyes.