EPILOGUE

HAILEY'S P.O.V

17th birthday.  

It's been three months since my first day in Orlando.  And we're doing great.  If you care to ask about Toby, we're still together.  But one thing that always separates us from quality time is his tour.  Show to another show, tour to another thousand tours.  I'm not saying I don't support them.  I do.  Really do.  But Toby's been leaving me alone since my first month at school.  He really need to drop off school at that time, so I let him.  Then after he left, here we come those tight schedule.  Toby could be flying from state to state within a day.  No surprise.

And it all brings me to one condition.  Even though I'm dating Toby, it's still like I'm alone.  Mom's busy with her works, which I can relate, but that also means this year's birthday will just going to be another lonely day like back in New York.  Because Toby's now in Las Vegas.  They said 17th birthday would be great.  But hey, I don't feel like that.

The only good thing that I have now is car key.  I've been thinking of going somewhere I only know, to make sure I got myself treated.  Since nobody's around, I guess I'll just gonna go to the beach.  It's 9 in the morning and I'm ready with my sandals, floral dress, a guitar, and a lap.  Let's have a party for myself.

"Happy birthday baby."  I got a phone call from Toby when I drove myself to the beach.

"Oh hey mister."  I chuckled.  "Thank you."

"Wow we're at the same age, finally."  He laughed.

"Unless you're feeling like dating a junior, you mean?  Haha.  Where are you?"

"I'm...unfortunately in the airport.  We still have to go to LA first before coming home.  You're alright?  Are you with Mom?"

"I'm okay, I guess.  And no, Mom's at work."  I parked my car.

"Oh wait.  You're driving somewhere?"

"Yes baby yes, I'm going out."  I sighed.  "How's the band?"

"Don't mind it.  But hey where are you going?"

"To the beach, you know...  Just to enjoy today's sunshine."  I walked out of my car and handed my guitar, still with Toby on the line.

"I wish I could join you..."  He whispered.

"Hmm yeah me too."  I smiled bitterly.  "Just go check on your plane status.  I don't want you to be late."

"Alright.  Take care lovely.  I miss you so much."  He blew me a kiss.

"Bye bye.  I love you."

I put my phone back in my pocket, put a lap that I brought under one of the palm trees, and got my guitar with me.  I strummed some random notes til I found one good song to sing.

Love, you're getting lazy
You're forgettin' to give me
Sweet sugar words that I wanna hear
You've been neglectin' me
You know jealously, it is a bitter as a green spring berry

And just like fruit from a fickle vine
You turn sweet in the nick of time
Love you only come alive when you're losin' me
And it's a childish game
I've got to shake you up just to wake you up to make you love me

I'll shake the sugar tree
Til I feel your love fallin' all around me
And if you take my love for granted baby
I'll shake the sugar tree

Another night and you're sleepin'
I'm awake and I'm dreamin'
Oh honey 'bout the way that it used to be
And little time's gone by
Do you think that I'm content with the cookin' and the payin' of rent
No I wanna know if your love's all spent

I'll shake the sugar tree
Til I feel your love fallin' all around me
You've got to tend to wha tyou planted
And if you take my love for granted baby
I'll shake the sugar tree

I've got to raise some commotion
Before you show me some real emotion

I'll shake the sugar tree
Til I feel your love fallin' all around me
You've got to tend to what you planted
And if you take my love for granted baby
I'll shake the sugar tree

Til I feel your love fallin' all around me
You've got to tend to what you planted
And if you take my love for granted baby
I'll shake the sugar tree

"That was beautiful, love."

I suddenly got a big flower bouquet in front of my nose.  It's white.  White rose.  I love white rose.  I turned around.  It's the guy I love bringing me some white rose.

"Jeez Toby!  How could you..."  I studied his grin.  "Stop.  You're lying to me."

"Surprise?  Haha...  Don't pout baby please.  I do this all for you.  It's 17th birthday, like come on!  I wouldn't miss your biggest day in life.  Never."  

Toby leaned me a kiss on my lips, my nose, and lastly my forehead.  We breathe the same air.  We match the heartbeats.  It's all complete now.  Just so simple, no further explanation, except I know I will actually never be alone.  It's good to know that your boyfriend do a little bit more to make your birthday precious.  It really feels great.

"Sing me again?"  He giggled.

"No, we still have time."  I whispered.

"Forever?"

"Forever."

Toby rested my head on his lap as he played with the guitar.  He sang me everything.  It's just beautiful.  I mean, look, Orlando sky is always gorgeous, always calming.  And knowing that your life is getting better, it's another bonus.  So this is my life.  A beautiful Mom, a wonderful Daddy, sunny city, and perfect boyfriend.  

God is definitely good.