𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐀 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐞

I remember the day as if it were yesterday

I remember the day as if it were yesterday. The sun was setting, casting a warm orange glow over the city. I was standing on the rooftop of our apartment building, looking out at the cityscape. The wind was gently blowing, carrying with it the scent of the sea. I was waiting for her, my heart pounding in my chest.

Yuqi and I had been together for five years. We had met in college, and it was love at first sight. We were inseparable, always together, always laughing, always in love. But recently, things had changed. Yuqi had become distant, cold even. She was always busy, always had something to do, somewhere to be. I felt like I was losing her, and it terrified me.

Finally, I heard the door to the rooftop open, and I turned to see Yuqi walking towards me. She was beautiful, as always, her dark hair blowing in the wind, her eyes sparkling with an inner light. But there was a sadness in her eyes, a sadness that made my heart ache.

"We need to talk," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

I nodded, my throat tight. I knew what was coming, and I was scared. I didn't want to lose her. I couldn't lose her.

"I think we need to break up," she said, her voice steady, her eyes not meeting mine.

I felt like the ground had been pulled out from under me. I couldn't breathe, couldn't think. All I could do was stare at her, my heart breaking.

"W-Why?" I managed to choke out.

"I just... I need to find myself, to figure out who I am without you," she said, her voice trembling slightly. "I need to be alone."

I felt a lump in my throat, tears welling up in my eyes. I reached out, taking her hands in mine.

"We can start over, Qi," I said, my voice desperate. "I'll do anything, everything can be perfect. Just please don't leave me."

She looked at me then, her eyes filled with tears. "I'm sorry," she said, pulling her hands away from mine. "I need to do this."

And with that, she turned and walked away, leaving me alone on the rooftop, my heart shattered into a million pieces.

That was the last time I saw her. I tried to move on, to forget her, but it was impossible. She was a part of me, a part of my soul. And without her, I felt incomplete, broken.

I still love her, and I always will. And I hope that one day, she'll come back to me. But until then, I'll keep waiting, keep hoping, keep loving her from afar. Because that's all I can do.

- Jeon Soyeon