Chapter XIII

From a distance the oscillator is ablaze and fractured from the explosives, blasting oranges and yellowS into the pale sky. Rey and Finn quickly headed to the battlefield in order to reach the Falcon and escape. They barely have enough time to catch their breaths after screaming from the top of their lungs, mourning Han's death. "The Falcon's this way", Finn shouted. For a brief moment, no one seems to go after them but just as Finn thought they were free, a few squad of Stormtroopers are marching and heading their way. Finn and Rey take out their blasters as a precaution since the troopers are coming at them fast.

They run as fast as they could until suddenly Finn comes into a full stop and gasps. "The falcon's gone", he whispered. He immediately moves his hand close to his mouth to speak to his comlink. "Chewie, where are you?", he asked but there were no answers. He tried again. "Chewie, do you copy?"

Still no reply. "He's not responding"

"Non-First Order transmissions must be jammed", Rey suggested, he agreed. The First Order likes to do so. To limit the Resistance communication made their job even more difficult.

Then, out of nowhere, a range trooper attacks Rey, giving her fast strikes with its Z6 Baton for her to block. It was a shaky duel until the trooper succeeded to aim for her right hand causing her to drop her blaster.

Rey grunts and puts a gentle pressure onto her right hand, resisting the pain. But right after that, she quickly reach for her blaster. Before she could retrieve it back, the trooper shoots the blaster, blocking Rey's way to reach it. She takes another action and pulls out her beskar quarter-staff and dodges the stormtroopers blasts, nonetheless with no way of attacking back. She thinks harder to save herself since Finn is also occupied by other stormtroopers.

She started to deflect their blasts and yet it's still getting way out of hand as more blasts come toward her. She can't hold it any longer. When Finn is fighting few stormtroopers, he notices the situation so he strongly called her.

He takes out Luke's lightsaber and throws it at her. Rey catches and looks at it with a shock and confuse look on her face. She questioned Finn, through her eyes, asking for an answer for this. "Once a Jedi, always a Jedi".

"You had this the whole time?"

Finn smiles as he's gesturing what she said was true.

She looks at Luke's lightsaber again before igniting it. She dodged the strikes and attacks the trooper with all the knowledge she remembered. 'Lightsabers are heavier than I remember', she thought to herself as she slashes all the troopers near her and so does Finn. He was stunned to see his best friend with a lightsaber again.

"Is there anything else you want to show me?", Finn asked.

Rey sighs and smiles in return, but seconds later a dark figure appeared. "Kylo Ren..", she whispered quietly. The dark figure instantly looks at them by the sense of the force had given him.

"Finn, where do we have to go?", she asked as she turned off Luke's lightsaber. "We need to get to the higher grounds. We can contact someone from there", Finn instructed. "After you". 

Rey is following Finn as they run into a bare-tree snowy forest as he tried to send out his signal and this time, it worked.

"This is Black Leader, do you copy?", Poe asked immediately after he got Finn's signal. Rey's face lit up when she realized Poe's survived.

"Yes, Commander Dameron. This is Captain Finn. The mission is a success and I got Commander Solana here with me. Chewie's gone and we need a lift"

"It's good to hear from you, buddy. Sorry to hear what happened. Chewie was searching for you both earlier, he thought he'll get you a quick exit. But the Falcon's transmitter seems to not working quite well, so let me try to contact him to pick you guys up at..."