𝖝. sports metaphors and punches

chapter ten,sports metaphors and punches

chapter ten,
sports metaphors and punches.

         THE KNOWLEDGE OF Hopper having hidden Eleven from the rest of them grew heavier when Mike started shouting. Everyone else was quiet as Hopper dragged the boy into a room to talk privately.

No one moved for a second, some still watching Eleven as others watched the door where Hopper and Mike were fighting in.

It was Dustin and Lucas who made the first move. Both boys ran towards the girl and hugged her tightly, murmuring words between her. The three friends separated and Marleen laughed as Eleven pointed at Dustin's teeth surprised.

"Teeth." She simply said.

Marleen snorted at Dustin's momentary confusion. "What?"

"You have teeth." She repeated.

Dustin laughed and gave a satisfied look to Lucas, who was smiling. "Oh, you mean these pearls?" He asked before purring, making Eleven flinch and Marleen laugh harder.

The moment was cut short by Max, who approached them. "Hey. Um, I'm Max." Max extended her hand toward Eleven. "I've heard a lot about you."

Eleven just looked at her and ignored her, moving towards Marleen.

"Hey, kid."

Marleen and Eleven hadn't been too close last year, only talking a couple of times but the girl had stolen Marleen's heart immediately. Eleven smiled at the blonde and held her fist up, to which Marleen laughed and fist-bumped her just as she showed her a year ago.

Eleven moved from Marleen to Joyce, who hugged the kid. Marleen decided to give them privacy and went to where Joan and her brother were talking.

"Hey," Marleen said, making her presence known.

Dean turned around and smiled at her before wrapping his arms around her shoulders. Joan smiled at her but it didn't reach her eyes, Marleen saw how tired she looked for the first time that night and returned the smile.

"How are you?" Dean asked her for what seemed the umpteenth time that day, worry evident on his face.

Marleen let out a shaky sigh. "A little shaken up but okay." She smiled at them for reassurance.

Joan smiled back. "I'm glad." She said quietly. Marleen nodded at her grateful.

A silent truce was made by the two women right there. Marleen knew that Joan still cared about his brother and her and Joan knew that Marleen was only abrasive to her because she broke her brother's heart. The thing is that they had much more important things to worry about.