𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. planning

chapter eight,planning

chapter eight,
planning.

         THE GROUP MADE their way to the Byers' house. Marleen didn't ask about the lost look in Joyce's eyes that made her shiver. Something big went down in the Lab.

When Jonathan stopped the car, he made his way to the back and helped Marleen get out, while Nancy helped Joyce with Will.

Upon seeing her sister, Dean rushed to her and hugged her tightly. Marleen held onto him, letting herself cry.

After a moment, Dean separated and looked at her intensely. "Are you okay?"

Marleen's mouth turned downside and her eyes threatened to water again. "Not really."

"Steve said one of those things scratched her." Jonathan said, pointing at her wound.

Dean's eyes followed his finger and eyes the wound. It wasn't bleeding but it looked ugly and it hurt like hell. Without saying anything else, Dean grabbed her bridal style and entered the house, Jonathan behind them.

Getting inside, she saw that they were the only ones outside. She could see Steve, Lucas, Dustin, and Max eyeing her worried.

The whole house was full of drawings, Marleen observed. No doubt made by Will.

Dean let her down on the couch. Marleen let out a loud sigh when her body touched the soft cushions and laid down. Quickly, Dean left with Jonathan to go to the bathroom and Steve sat at the table in front of her.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

Marleen could see that Steve was worried about her, his eyes flickering from her face to her wound.

"I've been better." She said. "But at least I'm gonna get a badass scar." Marleen joked, laughing softly.

Steve's face broke into a smile and laughed quietly. The tension in his body dissipating a little.

Dean and Jonathan got back, causing Steve to begin to leave his spot, but before he could get up Marleen grabbed his hand and tugged him down, making him sit at the table.

Dean opened a white bottle and held it above her leg. "This is going to sting." He warned and began pouring the alcohol around her wound.

Marleen's muscles contracted at the burning sensation as she held Steve's hand tightly and gritted her teeth. Dean finished quickly with the alcohol but Marleen didn't let go of Steve. She could hear the Chief and Mike argue in the background.

With the help of Jonathan, Dean began wrapping her leg tightly. She realized she was still holding onto Steve's hand, letting it go quickly as if it burned her.