𝖎𝖎𝖎. the best brother ever!

chapter three,the best brother ever!

chapter three,
the best brother ever!

         MARLEEN WOKE UP later than usual the next day with a headache, even though she'd drunk nothing. She was probably still emotionally exhausted after her conversation with Steve Harrington and her interaction with the touchy bastard. Grunting, she got up from her comfortable bed and stomped towards the bathroom.

After finishing up, she tied up her hair in a messy ponytail and made her way towards the kitchen, but stopped immediately at seeing it empty. Dean always woke up early and made breakfast. It was weird for him to oversleep.

Worry began to fill Marleen's body as horrible thoughts began to rush through her mind. But Dean wouldn't leave her, would he? Well, she thought her own mother wouldn't leave them but there they are. Her heart plummeted as she stood in front of her brother's door, and without much ado, she opened the door to find Dean sitting on his bed with his head in his hands.

"Dean?" Marleen whispered gently, approaching him.

At the sound of the blonde's voice, Dean's head snapped towards her and Marleen could see his bloodshot eyes. Something broke inside of her at the sight of her older brother crying and without hesitation, she sat beside him and hugged him tightly.

That only made Dean sob harder.

It was not weird for Dean to break down like that sometimes. After all, he had to take care of his little sister after their dad died and their mother decided to abandon them. What was weird was for Marleen to see him crying. He always tried to not bring his sister into his own problems but God knows that Marleen won't leave anything until she knows about it.

So, they there were, almost seven-thirty in the morning with Marleen hugging her weeping older brother and whispering random stuff to him.

Dean stopped sobbing then and released Marleen from his hold. Marleen's heart broke for the second time at the sight of her brother. He looked awful now that she could see him clearly.

Dean's long hair was everywhere and his eyes were really puffy and red, his nose was running and red too and he looked like he didn't sleep at all -which he probably didn't, and Marleen felt awful because her brother had been taking care of her since always but no one had taken care of him.

"Lay down. I'll make you some tea." Marleen told him, pushing him down so he'd lay down.

Dean, as stubborn as always, shook his head and tried to get up. "You have school." He said and his voice sounded like he hadn't used it for years and it was barely audible.