𝖝𝖎𝖎. snowball dance

chapter twelve,snowball dance

chapter twelve,
snowball dance.

         MARLEEN FORGOT THAT she had promised Jonathan and Nancy to go to the Snowball Dance as a help.

Which meant she had nothing to wear.

Thankfully, Nancy had a Plan B and lend Marleen one of her dresses. The dress in question was a pretty pinkish dress that stopped right above her knees with two decorative puffy bracelets that went on her arm.

The three teens arrived at the gym early and helped to get it into shape. When they were finished, they went to their assigned jobs: Jonathan was in charge of photographing the kids; Nancy was on the drink stand, serving punch and Marleen had to supervise the kids along with some other teachers.

The task quickly bored Marleen and ended up chatting with Nancy on the drink stand.

"Have you seen Dustin?" Marleen asked her. Mike, Will and Lucas came in together, followed by Max, but there was not a trace of the curly-haired boy.

"No," Nancy answered. "He said he had a ride."

Marleen nodded then, having an inkling of who the ride was.

As if they were being listened to, Dustin came through the doors. He was wearing a nice suit but what took Marleen's attention was his hair. It was styled like Steve's.

When Dustin saw her, Marleen waved at him and gave him a thumbs up to which he replied with one of his own and his goofy smile.

As Dustin reunited with the party, Marleen turned around, eyes falling on the gym's doors. "Be right back," Marleen whispered.

She made her way outside. As she opened the doors, she saw the familiar red BMW and approached it.

Leaning against the window, she smiled at Steve.

"Hey," Steve simply said as he opened the window. "Nice dress."

Marleen laughed, cheeks going red as she remembered the last time he said that to her. "Thanks, Harrington."

Steve smiled then.

"I suppose you were responsible for Dustin's hairdo." Marleen continued. Steve only nodded. "It's nice."

"Thanks."

Silence enveloped them quickly. Gaze locked on each other and smiles still on their faces. And it's then that Marleen realized that she didn't hate Steve anymore.

an

Really short, I know but cute!

I still can't believe that I finished part one of this book!!

Marleen and Dean have been on my mind since 2017 but I never could write more than one chapter and it sucked, so I abandoned them. Fast forward to 2019, season three is out and I want to do a Steve fanfic, then I remember that I had one! So, between 2019 and 2020, I put all of me to Marleen and Dean!

Now, I'm not that happy with it since I feel I brushed off a lot of things like Joan, and Joan and Dean's story (in one point I was about to erase Joan's character all together but it's a really big part of Dean and Marleen's story.) So I'm either going to edit part one a bit before I start season three or I'll explain it more in part two.

Anyways, thank you to everyone who read this and voted/commented!! You all made me want to continue Marleen's story!