𝖛𝖎. shit happens

chapter six,shit happens

chapter six,
shit happens

         MARLEEN HATED THIS situation. She absolutely hated it. She'd prefer to fight the Demogorgon again than be handling cubes of raw meat.

Steve, Dustin, and Marleen were making their way to a junkyard and while they were going, they were also throwing raw meat to attract Dustin's murderous pet, D'art — who was (apparently) a baby Demogorgon.

The first half-hour of the journey was spent in silence until Steve demanded more information about D'art and Dustin began spilling.

"All right, so let me get this straight," Steve said after Dustin finished his story. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous to impress a girl who... who you just met?"

Dustin sighed as he threw the raw meat. "All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things."

Marleen tossed two cubes of meat, aiming purposely at Steve but missing. He scoffed.

"I mean," He addressed Dustin again. "why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?"

Marleen shuddered at the thought.

"An interdimensional slug?" Dustin asked rhetorically. "Because it's awesome. Plus, Marleen woulda like it!" He said, gesturing at Marleen wildly while looking at Steve.

"No, I wouldn't."

Steve gave Dustin a pleased smile before continuing. "Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't —just like Marleen, I... I just... " He paused. "I don't know. I just feel like you're trying way too hard."

Marleen chucked a piece of meat while rolling her eyes at Steve's comment.

Dustin, on the other hand, looked defeated. "Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?"

"I like your hair..." Marleen murmured, causing Dustin to smile at her.

Steve went on with his new role as a mentor. "It's not about the hair, man." The teen shrugged. "The key with girls is... Just acting like you don't care."

Marleen frowned her eyebrows and scoffed. "Uh, no it's not."

The two boys ignored her.