11 Strange behavior

Adam POV

"So tell me, is Ally still asking you to buy her a pony?" Bobby wanted to know from me as we sat together in our rental car and headed to the arena where TakeOver would be held this weekend.

"Oh you have no idea. At least once a day and that for 6 weeks now. Ever since we got home from vacation, that's her first question every morning as soon as she opens her eyes. I've been thinking about adopting a dog, but I don't want to put too much pressure on Y/N at the moment. I am glad that she is doing somewhat well again," I answered with a sigh.

"How is she dealing with the whole situation now?" he asked.

"Definitely much better than in the beginning, but you can always tell how her thoughts wander back to that day. She suddenly becomes very quiet or simply leaves the room. It gets a little better every day, but I'm not sure Y/N will ever be able to process it completely. And I can't blame her," I replied thoughtfully.

"Well you have to wait and see how it progresses. And how are you doing now?" Bobby wanted to know.

"I try to keep myself as busy as possible, you know? I try to concentrate on what Y/N, Aiden and Alice need. I do have my moments where I want to scream. I always try to release my pent-up anger in training. That helps me a lot," I said.

The next hours were, as always, packed with interviews, photo shoots and fan meet-ups. The usual routine like on every big event. Meeting with the creative team and rehearsals. I only had half an hour to relax and used the time to call home to see if everything was ok. Weirdly, Y/N hadn't responded to my messages all day. She was probably busy with the kids. It was not so unusual. But it still made me feel uneasy.

After Y/N's phone rang for what felt like an eternity, someone finally answers my call.

"Hi Daddy," Aiden said.

"Hey, my boy. How you doing? Where's your Mama?" I asked my son.

"Mama says she doesn't have time to talk to you. Ally's been grumpy all day. Mama is in her room with her right now," he replied.

"What's going on with your sister,  buddy?" I asked.

"Dunno," he simply replied.

"Aiden, can you please take the phone to Mama?" I asked him.

"Sure. MAMA! It's Daddy!" he shouted loudly. I had to hold the phone away from my ear.

"Hey..." was the only answer I got from her.

"Hi, baby. How y'all doing? What about Alice? Aiden said she's been grumpy all day." I asked my wife.

"Adam, I really don't have time right now. Aiden, please go into the bathroom and brush your teeth already. I don't want to say it again," she said angrily.

"What's wrong?" I asked again.

"Nothing. Alice probably just gets a cold. Nothing major," said Y/N and sounded pretty pissed off.

"Did something happen? Did I do anything to you?" I wanted to know.

"Oh, for fu...heaven's sake. Not everything is about you,  Adam. And now I have to take care of the kids again," and with that she hung up without saying another word.

What the hell was that? I didn't have the slightest clue why Y/N snarled at me like that. It was very rare that she spoke to me like that. She rarely snapped at me. Something must have happened, but I had no idea what it could be. Yesterday everything had been fine. Was she just stressed out because of the two little ones or was there more behind her strange behavior?

I tried to call her a few more times, but without success. I couldn't wait to get this evening and my obligations behind me. I just wanted to fly home as soon as possible and find out what was going on with Y/N.