flinch reflex

this chapter does have some mentions of physical abuse and violence. please skip this chapter if you are sensitive to this topic. please read with precautions.

angel is known to flinch a lot back when she was in america and the philippines. her parents weren't always the best at using their anger in ways other than violence. this made angel develope a flinch reflex whenever anyone moves closer to her even if it someone she knows and loves about.

only a few people know about the trauma behind the flinching, like mark (got7), chaeryoung (itzy), and seungmin and chan (stray kids). she has kept it a secret from everyone else.

//

angel was in the practice room with stray kids helping them choreograph a new dance for an award show coming up.

angel was arguing with minho about the performance after seeing her whole dance in action. it just didnt look as good as she thought it was.

"I just dont like how it looks! it looks messy and all over the place!" angel yelled at minho.

"well what do you want us to do?!" minho yelled back.

"let me do it! I am the choreographer just give me a minute, jeez!"

the member watch the two fight back and forth. minho saying the choreo looks great and angel saying it's not good enough.

the fruitless yelling was getting old for minho and he was just frustrated. he brought his hand up really fast to brush his hair back out of anger.

angel though, didnt get that message.

she saw his hand go up and immediately flinch and looked at the floor. she didnt take a step back because what was the point. it was her fault for even fighting.

angel waited for the hit to happen but it never came. she slowly looked up and saw a wide eyed minho with his hand in his hair, frozen in shock.

angel looked around the room and saw the rest of the boys frozen in place. she was embarrassed for her action and headed towards the door.

"I will be back. I gonna go grab a drink from that cafe." she said opening the door.

as she was heading out, seungmin grabbed her hand. causing her to flinch again. angel was scared and embarrassed now.

he let go of her hand, feeling guilty of scaring her again. angel rushed out of the room and headed towards the cafe.

tears started to form in her eyes, clouding her vision. she angrily brushed them away, trying to keep herself together.

once she walked in the cafe, she felt a rush of relief wash over her.

tahee saw the girl walk and greeted her with a big smile.

"ANGEL!"  he said, waving his hands in the air for her to come over.

"hi tahee!" she giggle, laughing at his actions

"what can I do for you today?" he said, leaning over the counter.

"can I get a large americano and a iced mocha? I just need something." she pleaded

"give me a minute and I can have that for you." he smiled and bopped her nose.

angel sat down at the cafe, taking a deep breath. she was really embarrassed that it happened in front of the boys, especially since they dont know why she flinched.