Reconciliations

General POV
The next day

Jay and Hailey ran around the apartment tidying up, before the unit was due arrive within the next fifteen minutes. Hailey plumped the same cushions about six times one after another, wanting everything to look perfect. Jay prepared a collection of snacks and drinks for the team and himself to nibble on, whislt they talked or whatever. "Daddy, why are you and Hailey making such a big deal about them coming over?" Jasmine wandered in holding a bag of Tatty Teddy toys, fully prepared to pour them onto the floor. "Because it's been a while since Hailey has seen them" Jay responded, continuing to chop up apples and other fruits. "You both are so weird" Jasmine poured all of her toys over the newly cleaned floor, earning a span of frustration from Hailey. "JASMINE, I JUST CLEANED THAT!" Jasmine quivered and sprinted back to her room in hysterics. "Really?" Jay stressed, glaring at Hailey and rubbing after his child.

Jays POV

After Hailey yelled at Jasmine for no reason and she ran into her room, I ran after her to see if she was okay. Jasmine had never been yelled at before, because she never behaved bad enough to be yelled at, so Hailey yelling shook her really bad. "Hey, Princess" I said quietly, entering Jasmines bedroom. "I never done anything wrong" Jasmine had her head buried into her pillow. I could hear the terrible sound of her cries and sniffles muffled against the pillow. "Baby girl, I know you didn't. Hailey just wants to prove herself to the team. She didn't mean to yell at you, she really cares about you" I sat down next to Jasmine and rest my hand on the arch of her back. "Why does she care so much? She obviously cares about impressing everyone, more than she cares and me" Jasmine sobbed, turning her self so she was looking at me. "Jazzy, when Hailey left, she made alot of people hate her quite a bit. Now she's back and trying to reconcile with everyone. You've forgave her for going off the rails, but Uncle Antonio, Pops Voight and the rest of them haven't" I tried to explain in a way a four-year-old would understand. "Why haven't they? Have you?" Jasmine curiously sat up in her bed, clearly interested in the whole situation now. "Because she really hurt alot of us and didn't even say goodbye. And part of me has forgiven Hailey, but not all" I answered, finding the conversation rather hard to talk about myself. "Life's to short, Daddy. You told me when my bullies apologiesed, that I should forgive them: you should should forgive Hailey" Jasmine pointed out a very valid point, I had told her to forgive due to life being too short. For a young person, Jasmine had the mind of an adult. She always seen everything from a more simple and rational perspective, always having a very good reason to back her words up. "Part of me has. The part that hasn't- the same with everyone else- is that part that's very protective over someone I love very much" I reasoned, choaking on my words slightly. "Who do you love very much that they hurt? Did they hurt Aunty Kim?" Jasmine asked the one thing I wished she wouldn't, but she was Jasmine, what else should I have expected? "She hurt Aunty Kim, but that isn't the person. Look, it's a story for another time- let's go back and see Hailey. I think she needs a hug from you" I pulled Jazz into a tight hug, before I carried her back into the living room.

Haileys POV

I sat crying on the sofa after I regretfully lost it with Jasmine. Jay had gone to comfort Jasmine, and I hadn't a clue to what I should do. I never had seen a child cry that was in my partial care- not due to me anyway. It had been a few mintues, when Jay emerged from Jasmines room; holding a few teary Jasmine. "Hailey, don't cry" Jasmine wriddled in Jays arms to get. As soon as Jay let her down, she ran across the room and tackled my legs into a hug. A leg hug was the last thing I expected from her, I was fully prepared for her to start hating me again. "I'm sorry, Sweetie" I apologised, lifting her up into a hug. She was heavier that I expected, but I kept hold of her, because of how special the hug was. It was the first full and meaningful hug I'd ever gotten from Jasmine, and I wasn't about to let her go. "I forgive you. I understand that you're stressed and that you want everyone to forgive you" Jasmine replied, hugging my neck slightly tighter. "You're amazing, Jasmine" I couldn't believe how Jay managed to raise such an amazing young girl, it was truly astounding and impressive. "You can thank Daddy for that, I just learnt off him" Jasmine smiled, looking over to Jay. It was obvious that the comment really touched Jay, his cheeks went bright red and his lips began to shake a little. "You're amazing, Jay" I smiled, carrying Jasmine on my side, as I lead us both closer to him. "Group effort" Jay wrapped his arm over my neck and tugged myself and Jasmine into a group hug. Jay and I hadn't had any physical contact, since he arrested me about a week ago. The old feeling of safety, love and security tingled through my veins with the hug. Everything felt perfect. Jay, Jasmine and I felt like one amazing family for a second- to me anyway.