Little Job

Haileys POV

Later in the day, Jay and the team were wisked away to attended to a robbery homicide incident, leaving me all alone. I had no clue what to do or anything, because it had been so long; and quite frankly, I didn't remember much from the last 4 years. I sat in my chair tapping my pen on the side of my desk, bored out my mind. "Yo, Goldilocks" Someone called from the stair case. I spun my chair around and came face to face with Platt. "Yah" I replied, tidying myself up a little bit. "Someone's downstairs for you" Platt let me know, and instantly plodded back down the stairs again. I stood up and made my way down the stairs to reception to see who was waiting for me. Whoever it was, it definitely wasn't a good person.

I got to the bottom of the last set of stairs and froze right there and then. Even though their body was turned away from me, I knew exactly who it was. "Hailey, it's been a while" They said, knowing I was in the room without even turning around. "Charlie" I gulped, hesitantly making my way over to him. "This is the last place I'd expect to find you" Charlie snarled, turning around at a terrifyingly slow pace. "I could say the same about you" I replied, coming to a civil stand off with six five man. "I'll give you that one" Charlie shrugged, looking my body up and down. "What do you want?" Shivers ran cold up my spine,  I never wanted to see Charlie again. Ever. "You didn't finish your little job off. Pablo, still has to costume he chose out for you specially" Charlie cupped my hand in his, and I looked him in the eye with slight fear. "Don't look all vulnerable now, do that after. He might like vulnerable Hailey during, never know" Charlie shrugged, making my stomach curdle. "Tell him, if he wants me that bad, come get me. I'm not going to him" I attempted to tug my hand out his grip, but it was impossible; Charlies grip was way to strong. "You're coming with me. Now!" Charlie demanded, not letting me have much choice. "HEY, GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DETECTIVE!" Platt yelled over, who had clearly been watching everything. "DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT, MISSY. SHE'S MINE" Charlie spat back to Platt. Well, that is it. Platt literally hurdled over the desk and ran right over to Charlie and I. She gave Charlie and sturn Platt warning- so basically a near death threat-, not wanting to get into fisticuffs unless necessary. "I ain't listening to no old fart" Charlie argued. "Charlie, that was a bad move" I smirked, knowing what was about to come out of Platts mouth. "I MAY BE AN OLD FART, BUT I SURE AS HELL COULD BEAT YOUR SCRAUNY ASS" Platt squared up to Charlie, like she was asking for a fight. "What's going on?" I heard Jays voice come from the stair case, and I'd never been to happy to hear it- but also so worried. "Do you do special jobs for him too?" Charlie ignorantly tittered to Jay, possibly making his second biggest mistake in the space of fifteen minutes-ish. "I don't know who you are, but unless you want a pissed off grey-haird old lady and myself chucking you out by your legs; I suggest you move on" Jay threatened, half running over to Platt, Charlie and I. "Charlie, you don't want to mess with them" I warned, praying he'd just leave. "Fine, but Pablo will come looking for you" Charlie pushed me backwards, before storming out, causing me to fall backwards into Jays arms. "You alright?" Jay and Platt simultaneously checked . "Yeh. Thankyou, both" I puffed, slightly out of breath from the anxiety of Charlie outing my antics. "No problem" Platt patted my shoulder and resumed to her desk job. "Nice moves you had there, Platt" I chuckled, from the gate. "First and last time you'll see them" Platt winked, carrying on to do her paper work. "Moves?" Jay squinted. "Another time, Jay. Another time" Jay rolled his eyes at me leaving him in the dark, and started an unexpected race between him and I to the top of the stairs.

General POV

Even though Jay started the race, Hailey managed to over take and reach the top of the staircase before him. Completely out of breath, the two partners giggled and poked remarks at each other; momentarily unaware of their surroundings. "Get a room" Antonio said, pretending to be  sick in the bin next to him. "Us? No, never!" Hailey scoffed, catching a bottle of water Adam chucked to her. "Jay thinks other wise, we're going by facial expressions" Kim pointed out Jays sad and offended face, finding it rather amusing. "Whoa, Jay, she just got back. Keep it your pants" Voight pretended to be serious, deciding to join in with the teasing. "Oh, come on! What? Do you think I'm a dog or something?" Jay suggested, a little peed off with everyone. "I mean, you can chuzzle down a big old meal in seconds" Kevin commented, coming out the breakroom holding a steamy hot chocolate. Hailey quietly listened and watched Jays emotions change from her desk- the way he reacted to her saying never, made her heart skip a couple of beats. "Before Halstead loses his cool, Hailey, my office and the rest of you work" Voight interviened like a parent, seeing Jay wasn't going to last much longer. "Yes, Sarg" Everyone obeyed, all going their separate way.