It's Almost A Love Story

Hailey and Jay held their breaths in anticipation, waiting some kind of response from a speechless Jasmine. "Yesssss!" Jasmine dived onto Hailey, knocking them both backwards. Jay let out a sigh of relief and tears ran down his eyes, he was so happy for both Hailey and Jasmine. He longed for Jasmine to have a Mum ever since the day Hailey left- he didn't imagen it to be this perfect though. "I love you so much" Hailey cried, sitting her and Jasmine back up. "I love you too" Jasmine replied, stilling having a tight hold of Hailey. "I forgive you for leaving, even though I already had a while back" Jasmine sniffled, trying to pull herself back together. "You are the best and most beautiful little girl I've ever known. You look just like your Daddy with your long brown locks and emerald green eyes" Hailey looked across to Jay, seeing him in tears warmed her heart. She waved her hand for him to come over and join the emotional hug. "Daddy, thankyou for rescuing her and making her sober again" Jasmine hiccuped, wrapping her spare arm around his waist. "You're so welcome" Jay kissed Jasmines for head, the love he had for her was amazing. "This means you're staying forever, right" Jasmine looked to Hailey for a yes: Hailey nor Jay could say no, not after Jasmines reaction. "No, she's staying" Jay beamed, kissing the side of Haileys head. "Yes, it's perfect. My life is even more perfect than it already was" Jasmine cheered, not quite what to do with herself. "I'm so sorry I left. I thought about you every day, it killed me not being around" Hailey apologised, kissing her daughter on the cheek. "Stop apologising, everyone makes mistakes" The level of maturity and understanding Jasmine had, was way beyond what a standard adult had and it baffled Jay and Hailey all the time. "That's very true" Jay said, wiping the tears that had froze halfway down his cheeks. "Let's eat pizza" Jasmine randomly blurted out, showing her true age for once. "I think we can manage that. We still need to finish our drinks though" Hailey half laughed, grateful how innocent Jasmine is to everything. "I think they may be cold by now" Jay grabbed his cup to test if he was right, and he totally was. "That's like melted ice" Jay spat the drink out and wiped his mouth with a nearby wipe. "I'll order the pizza" Hailey chuckled, standing up to go find her phone. "I'm not mad at you either, Daddy. I want you to know that" Jasmine made clear, crawling forward to sit on her fathers lap. "Yeh, I know you're not" Jay said, pulling Jasmine into his side.

****

Jay slouched backwards and let out a gigantic satisfied burp, after finishing his fifth slice off deep-dish pizza. Hailey and Jasmine ate more than he did, but they didn't seem to be suffering at all. "That was nasty" Hailey said, grossed out by Jays unpleasant boldily music. "Like my Uncle used to say, better out than it" He shurgged, not ashamed at all with the noise he just let loose. "For God sake" Hailey jokingly punched Jays bicep, being careful not to hit Jasmine- who was between them. "Just saying" Jay made out to be genuinely offended, by crossing his arms and pouting his lips. "I'm with Hailey on this, it was nasty" Jasmine sided, shuffling closer to Hailey to make a point. "Okay, okay" Jay surrendered, feeling well outnumbered. "Okay. Now you're done being a baby, help me carry the rubbish to the bin" Hailey passed Jay one pizza box, whilst she took the other box and the large coke bottle. "Yes, boss" Jay said in an army voice, standing up himself and proceeding to help Hailey up. "Thanks" Hailey said, blowing hair out her face.

Jay and Hailey returned seconds later, to see Jasmine passed out in a food coma on the floor. Her hair was smothered all over her petite face, and her limbs were neatly tucked into her front. "Jay" Hailey whispered, nudging Jay to look at Jasmine; even though he already was. "I know. We should put her to bed" Jay grinned at how cute and tiny his daughter looked, in the middle of the huge floor. "Can I?" Hailey asked, wanting to carry her daughter to bed for the first time. "Go ahead" Jay gestured for Hailey to help herself. Hailey went over and bent down slowly, awkwardly picking a flimsy Jasmine. "You good?" Jay checked, seeing Hailey stuggling a bit. "Yep. Open her room door please" Haileys voice strained, finding it hard to carry Jasmine. "Sure" Jay skid ahead and opened the door for Hailey to go straight through, so she could quickly lay Jasmine down. "Night, night, Sweetheart" Hailey kissed Jasmine on the head, tucking her in tightly. "Night, Princess" Jay done the same as Hailey, then both backed away slowly. "Night Daddy, night Mummy" Jasmine mumbled innocently, catching Hailey and Jay off-guard. "Oh my gosh! Did you hear that?" Hailey exclaimed quietly, looking to Jay with happiness. "Yeh" Jay exhaled, beaming from ear to ear with joy. "Wow" Hailey didn't know what to do with herself after that, she just stood static with Jay in Jasmines doorway. "Yeh. Come on, let's go watch a Christmas film and leave Jazz to it" Jay put his arm around Haileys neck, both of them walking away in one-an-others arms. "Love actually?" Hailey proposed, completely in love with the film. "Love actually it is" Jay chuckled, remembering how much obsessed Hailey was with the Christmas film.

A/N: Hey all, thankyou so much for reading this far. I can only take it as a complement. I so hope that you have really enjoyed this story, and to continue doing so. All feedback and votes will be so welcome and thanked for. Love ya'll, Amy💖