Entry no. 13: Swedish Fish

It was the last Friday of the semester.

I had just taken my AP Psych final the day before.

Two weeks ago, a swedish girl, Klara, moved to our school.

The whole grade went into a buzz.

But not me and Aliya, because we had met her 2 months prior to her arrival at our school, for she was joining our club soccer team. We tried to save her before the I'm-so-much-better-than-you crowd corrupted her and took her away from us.

Luckily she was smart, so she sat with us, everyday.

But then on the last day of the semester, another boy from Sweden joined. He was in the same grade as us.

His name was Oliver.

Everyone started shipping them, and they hadn't even met yet.

And-they were from two different parts of the country.

I think you saw us during lunch, huddling around her as a protective bubble.

All of the people in the I'm-so-much-better-than-you crowd followed him everywhere, like lovesick pupies, especiallly the girls. It was crazy.

Half the girls were shipping Klara and Oliver. The other half wanted Klara to set them up.

He was being treated like a celebrity.

Is this how shallow our generation is?

Sometimes, I feel like our generation is incredibly smart, the most intelligent. But then I listen to these incompetent and insolent fools, and my opinion changes.

They acted so...I can't even describe how weird it was.

When they were walking with him, the girls were pushing and shoving to get next to him.

It was so sad how they didn't care for what he was like, they just liked his face, and how tall he was.

He must of not of been smart, because by Monday, his brain would've been corrupted already.

>

< No one cares anymore,

> well, not like you and I

<

I even heard some of the guys on the basketball team say, "He looks like that guy from one direction, the blond one."

But then the other guys said, "I thought they were all blond."

I felt bad for Klara and Noah.

Everyone assumed they knew each other.

But she was from Stockholm and he was from some place south of Stockholm.

Now I'm thinking, 'how is this relevant to you?'

Well, you didn't seem to care.

You weren't following him or her around like a sick puppy.

Did you know that all the kids in the whole grade, even the ones below, started fangirlng over him because he was hot? Probably, it was quite noticeable.

He wasn't any Luke Hemmings.

Nor was he you.

I didn't let how he acted or looked like affect me, because I like you.

Just how you weren't affected be her, I wasn't.

I don't know if that reason was me, but I was hopeful.