The Storm is Over

Rain,raging winds,and the freezing cold was all that could be seen or felt,but in the distance all that was heard was screaming. A jolt of lightning struck down with a thunderous roar. The flash of light and the loud roar caused Max to jump as she woke up from her nightmare causing sweat to run down her forehead as she panted. "Max what's wrong?" Chloe asked looking concerned about her. Max had her head laying on Chloe's lap when she was asleep so the sudden jump up shocker her. "It... it was just a nightmare," Max responded turning to face Chloe with tears in her eyes. She hugged Max tightly it was clear the nightmare was about the storm and everyone lost in the it. Truth be told it was the only thing Chloe had been thinking about since it happened. A whole town wiped out because she lived,but ultimately it was all Max's choice she could've let Chloe die and save everyone. She chose Chloe over everyone else because she loved Chloe and promised never to lose her again. Now, it was just Chloe and Max against the world. Max broke the hug leaning back in the truck seat. "Chloe I'm sorry," Max said,but was met with a agitated face. "Don't apologize Max you did what you believed was right and I believe in you," Chloe said. Max had apologized a bunch since the drive began,and could you really blame her? "Let's just get out of here this place gives me the creeps," Max said as she looked around the truck stop they were at. Chloe nodded as she started the truck and begin to drive. It had only been around 5 hours since they left Arcadia Bay or what was left of it. "Did you love Rachael... I mean love love?" Max suddenly asked. The question completely caught Chloe off guard causing her to look at Max causing her almost to drive off the road,but luckily she caught herself. "Wow Max where did that question come from?" She asked giving her the side eye. Max sighed looking out the window, "It's nothing we can talk about it later sorry for bringing it up," she said. "Whatever Max," Chloe said with a sigh remembering Rachael and the times they had. They were heading to Seattle to see Max's parents since they were the only people they had left. Chloe yawned turning off the highway into a rather small town. She parked outside of a small motel and looked over at Max. "Come on Caulfield," she motioned for Max to get out. She did as Chloe instructed, "I'll go get a room," she said taking a envelope with money inside. It was all the money Max knew they had,but Chloe had a secret stack of cash under the seat. She headed into the front office, "I'd like a room with ummm one bed," she said to the manager of the hotel. "Here ya go it'll be 30 bucks a night," the old man said as Max put the cash on the desk and took the key. Meanwhile Chloe had grabbed the bag with all their stuff in it. The bag was normal size they didn't have much since most was destroyed. Max walked over to the truck, "Room 17," she said as she made her way to the room. Chloe sighed locking the truck then dragging the bag along. Max opened the door with a smile seeing the relatively nice room,and sure enough Chloe followed after. "God that bed looks so good," Chloe said with a sigh dropping the bag and walking over to the bed. Max looked in the bathroom to see what it was like,and it was small but would do the trick. Chloe laid down on the bed letting out a groan, "Damn that's good," she said with a chuckle. Max looked back at Chloe with a smile, "Oh wait turn on the tv!" Max said running over to the remote. They turned on the tv and sure enough it was the news reporting about Arcadia Bay. "It's a phenomenon what happened here today a huge storm tore threw this small town leaving no survivors," the broadcaster said as Max turned off the tv. Chloe wrapped a arm around Max not knowing what to say or how Max was even feeling. A whole town gone because Max loved Chloe that much,and Chloe was sad but super grateful. She loved Max as well now sure at one point she loved Rachael,but she believed Max was always her soulmate even before Max saved her life numerous times. Max leaned against Chloe, "You should go take a shower," Max said looking up at her. Chloe laughed a bit "Trynna tell me I stink mad Max?" she asked jokingly. Max laughed a bit as well "No,it's just we both have been threw a lot and showers relieve stress," she said. Chloe shrugged "Cant argue with that," she said grabbing some clothes out of the bag. "Max care to join me?" she asked with a cheap smirk and winks standing in the bathroom doorway. Max blushed heavily "I.. I... I'm just not ready..." she said embarrassed. Chloe laughed and walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind her. Max immediately stuck her hand out in front of her "Please be gone," she tried to rewind time,but sure enough it didn't work. Max sighed with relief if that power stayed with her it would've killed her eventually. She laid back on the bed smiling,but then stopped remembering what losing her "power" cost and what she gained. Ten minutes had passed and Chloe walked out the bathroom in a black Nirvana shirt and black shorts. "Alright rockstar you are up," she said placing the dirty clothes in the corner. Max smiled and sat up looking at her "Cute," she said getting up. "Oh haha real funny," Chloe said sarcastically with a small blush. "Don't get attitude Captain Chloe," Max responded as she grabbed her clothes and walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind her. Chloe smiled laying on the bed propping herself up on the backboard. "Personally I'd call myself the Blackwell ninja," she said remembering when her and Max snuck into the school. She turned on the tv to some random cooking show to pass the time. Fifteen minutes have now passed and Max finally walked out the bathroom wearing pink pajama shorts and a grey tank top. "Looking good nerd," Chloe said patting the bed next to her. Max chuckled and walked over joining Chloe in the bed. "We should definitely get some sleep, so no tv," Max said looking at Chloe. "Ughh fine mom," she responded with a laugh turning off the tv and then the lamp next to the bed. The two cuddled together Chloe in the back and Max in the front. "Max I... I love you," Chloe said wrapping her arms around Max's waist. "I love you too Chloe," Max responded as she closer her eyes and drifted to sleep.

Boom (Dynamite) that's the end of the first chapter. Now this is gonna be a long story one I hop to keep going for a long time.