Strange Future

It had been a hour since Chloe and Rachel's argument happened. Chloe had drove to a small diner just so she could sit somewhere and relax. Meanwhile Max was at home getting ready for dinner,because the time was 6:30 pm. Rachel decided it was time to walk in the diner to confront Chloe. Immediately Chloe looked up watching Rachel walk over only feeling anger. "Look who came crawling back," Chloe said smirking a bit. "Relax it's because my soul is attached to you," Rachel said taking a seat across from Chloe. "Are you ready to apologize to me?" she asked tilting her head. Rachel just laughed a bit at the question "I don't think I owe you one," she smirked. Chloe sighed "Whatever I'm gonna get a room tonight ,and then tomorrow I'm going back to Max," she said. "Hey what about me?" Rachel asked concerned Chloe had given up on her. "I'm gonna get Max then all of us are gonna go to Arcadia Bay," Chloe said getting up putting some money on the table for the bill. Rachel just nodded sitting there as Chloe walked out. "Damn it Rachel you should've just apologized," she thought to herself finally getting up from the booth. Chloe was sitting in the truck pondering if she should call Max or not. "Max is probably still pissed. I've never felt so guilty about shit before," she thought to herself. Rachel got into the truck looking over at Chloe "Hey listen I'm sorry," she said. Chloe stuck her hand up "Rachel it's fine. I get it I was a fucking bitch," she said getting cut off. "Hey! Don't talk about yourself like that. I don't like it and I know Max certainly wouldn't like it," Rachel said. Chloe's phone suddenly went off it was Max. "Hey Max listen I'm sorry," Chloe said answering the phone. "Chloe I didn't call to talk about that. I want you to come pick me up to take me with you all," Max said sternly. "Of course I'll do that," Chloe said smiling as she leaned back in the seat. Max smiled a bit "Alright I'm gonna go now get some rest," she smiled. Chloe nodded "Of course and I love you," she said trying to hear Max say it back. "Chloe I love you too now I got to go," Max said hanging up the phone. Immediately after hanging up Max let out a sigh as she laid down on the bed. "What would've changed if I had my powers?" she asked herself. Maybe it was worth a shot to give it a try,but what if it did work it could kill Max? In the end she decided it wasn't worth the risk of even trying. Meanwhile Chloe and Rachel just pulled into a motel. "Rachel can you go get us a room?" Chloe asked looking over at Rachel. A nod was the given response as Rachel got out of the truck taking some money with her. Chloe got out of the truck and immediately begin to light a cigarette.(DO NOT SMOKE!) A sigh of relief was released knowing that Max wasn't too mad. The guilt was like a huge weight on her back,and it only grew as time went on. Rachel walked back over to the truck holding up the key. "Don't worry I got us two beds," she said tossing the keys over to Chloe. "You know I figured ghost or whatever you are wouldn't sleep," she said tilting her head at Rachel. "You are right we don't have to,but who doesn't love sleep," Rachel said shrugging. Chloe nodded "Damn can't argue with that," she said as they walked to the room. Max was now laying in bed staring up at the ceiling just wondering why Chloe would kiss Rachel. "I know that they used to date or whatever ,but she said she loves me, Was it all a lie?" she asked herself. Now the question was did Chloe only love Max because she saved her.

——The End——

Sorry for the short chapter.