Strange Rush

The sirens rang out as the ambulance sped up trying to get to the hospital quickly. Everything was blurry as she kept snapping out of unconsciousness. "Ch...Chloe...," Max sparely managed to say as she laid in the ambulance. Meanwhile Chloe and Rachel had only been on the road back with no clue what happened to Max. It had been nothing but silence since they hit the road. Finally Chloe decided to speak up "You remember that kick ass Firewall concert we went to?" she asked. Rachel chuckled a bit and nodded "How could I forget the night we became friends," she said looking over at Chloe. "You know without you saving the day those guys would've kicked my ass," Chloe said laughing. Suddenly they were both cute off by Chloe's cell phone ringing. "Crap can you get that?" she asked handing Rachel the phone. Rachel nodded answering crying and ambulances could be heard over the phone. Rachel's eyes widened "Wow wow wait slow down. Oh my god we will be there as soon as we can," she said hanging up the phone. Chloe looked over for a second a bit concerned "Who was it?" she asked. "It was Max's mom they just rushed Max to the hospital," Rachel said. Immediately you could see worry swipe across Chloe's face "Oh fuck what's wrong is she ok?" she asked. Rachel shrugged "I don't know they just got her to the hospital," she said. "God damn it!" Chloe yelled immediately stomping on the gas. "Chloe calm down! Max will be fine and you can't afford to get pulled over," Rachel said immediately slowing the truck down. "Listen I can drive if you need a moment," she said putting a arm on Chloe's shoulder,but she just shook her head. "I'm fine," Chloe said almost tearing up,but she successfully fought them off. Max was just taken into the hospital room as doctors hooked her up to the usual machines. However Max wasn't even aware of what was going on she was back at Blackwell. Once again watching Chloe on the bench outside in the rain. "Chloe I'm sorry," she said putting both hands on the window. Suddenly Rachel walked up and sat on the bench next to Chloe,but something was different. They both seemed to be sad,and Rachel was holding Max's camera. "No..this can't be happening," she said to herself out loud. "I can't believe it's been a year since she passed away," Chloe said as Rachel wrapped a arm around her. "No! Chloe! Hey I'm right here!" Max yelled banging her first against the window. Blood poured from Max's hands as the glass shattered cutting her hands. "Max it's okay come join us," a familiar voice said from behind her. "Max it's ok you tried to save me,so now let me save you," Kate said reaching out to Max. "Kate? Oh my god...am I dead?" Max asked. "No well not yet at least. You can either go back to the your life and live in a world of pain or you can join us and live in a world of joy," Kate said her hand still reaching out. "What do you mean we?" Max asked when suddenly everyone who died in the storm appeared. "Come on Max don't be lame and go back to Chloe," Victoria said. "I can't do that Chloe needs me," Max said tears running down her face. "Max come on Chloe can take care of herself and besides she has Rachel," Joyce said. Max couldn't believe Chloe's own mom would say that. "I'm not going with you all I'm staying with Chloe," she said backing up against the wall. "If you aren't coming with us crawl out the window," Kate said pointing out the window. Max looked at the window the broken glass was going to cut her no matter what she did. It didn't matter how much pain she had to go through she wasn't leaving Chloe. Slowly she crawled out the window the glass cutting her hands and legs,but she did it. Almost immediately she woke up in the hospital bed. Chloe was going as fast as the speed limit would allow her to. Anxiety and fear were eating away at her,but she couldn't let it take over. "Come on! Damn it," she said sighing as she laid her head back. Traffic wasn't moving at all,and for all Chloe new time was running out for Max. "Hey why don't you tell some about Max," Rachel said seeing Chloe was about to lose it. "Umm sure well she's into photography. Yeah she's always taking pictures of everything," she said smiling a bit. Rachel nodded "Well that raises the question does she ever ask you to model for her?" she asked. Chloe laughed a bit "Me? No way I'm sure she could find someone better," she said shaking her head a bit. Traffic was now moving and thank goodness or Chloe would've lost her damn mind. "I got to ask how did things ever turn out for you and step-douche?" Rachel asked shrugging. "You know in the end not much changed," Chloe responded with a faint smirk. Once again her phone rang "I got it this time," she said answering it. "Damn it," Chloe said hanging up the phone. "Hmm I'm gonna guess wrong number," Rachel said and was met with a nod. "I swear if something bad happened to Max...,"Chloe said but was cut off. "Don't say that because nothing will happen she'll be ok," Rachel said patting her shoulder. Meanwhile it begin to rain as Max looked out the hospital window. "Chloe you better hurry," she thought to herself as the doctors wrapped her hands in bandages. The cuts from the dream seemed to pass through and form in real life,but it was only on her hands not her legs. Tears begin to roll down her face "Please Chloe I need you," she thought to herself and she slowly fell asleep.

——The End——