MY NEW LIFE

You may be wondering why I'm not making any effort to escape. While being auctioned I observed the men around us. Men dressed in expensive suits with briefcases and body guards with really big guns. I thought Paul and his team of men was scary. My 'owner' as I would call him in my mind, looked the youngest out of all the men around us. He bought me for a lot of money. More money I would've never come across in my lifetime. Plus we were in his private jet. He practically reeks of wealth. At first he was nice to me but then he got serious. I'm sure he's got body guards with even bigger guns who would have no problem with blowing my head off if ordered. I have no choice but to do whatever he wants or I could face a horrible death.

Before we got off his jet a guy came in with a bag of clothes for me. When the guy first looked at me it was as if he was expecting someone else, then when he saw what I had on his pale cheeks instantly turned red. Lucio took the bag and ushered me to the back of the jet and into a bedroom and told me to change there. I am grateful for his kind gesture. I changed into a long summer dress and sandals. Everything fits perfectly. I also got a sun hat that's big enough to cover my face but I'm sure that's the point for me wearing it.

We're in a black SUV with dark tinted glass. Lucio and I are in the back seat alone while the other man whom I just found out is Lucio's personal assistant is in another car but his car isn't following us. I heard Lucio referred to the man as Blake and I overheard Lucio saying that he'll be working from home this week and to bother him only when it's something serious. Blake tried to speak to me, commenting on how great the clothes fit but I did not say a word back to him. I kept my head low while Lucio took my hand and ushered me out the jet.

I worry about what's become of the other girls especially Makayla. Karissa was the strongest of us three. I know she would be able to take on anything but Makayla is so young. What her mother has done to her is pure evil. How could you sell your baby into something as evil as this. Then a memory of my mother popped up in my mind. I love my mother so much. I know not having me around anymore is taking a toll on her. I hope it doesn't kill her. A tear escapes my eye but I wipe it up as fast as I could.

We've arrived at the most beautiful house I've ever seen in my life. It's so big. Lucio exits the car and walks over to my side to open my door for me. He helps me out the car and ushers me into the house. I am in awe of the decor of his house. On the outside the house looks antique but on the inside everything's updated and modern and quite clean from where I stand.

"This will be your home from now on", Lucio finally speaks since our journey here. I just nod, "come with me, I'll show you to your room."

Lucio leads the way as we head upstairs. After passing a few doors we arrive at what seems to be the last bedroom on this floor. This room is big. In fact it's bigger than my apartment. There's a huge bed in the middle of the room and a chimney. I've never seen a chimney before because back in Trinidad we don't need them. The room also has its own on-suite and lots of closet space.

"I'll have Blake send over some clothes to the house for your choosing," Lucio said, for a minute I forgot he was behind me, "I'll leave you to rest".

"Wait!" I stopped Lucio before he can leave, I'm just staring at him, not knowing what to say. Back in the container I imagined this experience to be a lot more brutal. I thought I'd be whipped and chained and/or raped by now but that's not happening. I don't know what to expect next but right now I don't think Lucio would hurt me. As long as I follow his rules I'll be okay.

As if he understands what I want to say Lucio nods then he closes the door and leaves me here alone.

I walk over to the bathroom to clean myself up. I can't remember the last time I brushed my teeth. Five minutes later I was in the shower enjoying the hot water all over my body. There are towels and robes in the bathroom. I dry myself up and throw on a robe then made my way out the bathroom. Lucio did say he would get me some clothes so the robe is all that I have for now.

I walk over to the bed and feel how soft the bed spread is. It's been a while since I lay down on something soft and comfortable. The jet was nice but I was in some pretty uncomfortable lingerie. Thank goodness Lucio gave me his coat.

I'm lying on the bed in the most comfortable way and the tears that started welling up in the car finally falls like a waterfall streaming down my face. I miss my home, my family. I miss my life but I have to accept the fact that that's a thing of the past now. I lost hope when I was in that container, I lost hope when I had a gun pointed to my face and was almost raped and when I was sold for fifty million pounds all hope of possibly going home was completely lost.