CONFESSION

Even though my sister is the youngest of the Avaldi siblings she's usually the smartest. In only a matter of time she will figure something out about Mya and begin to ask questions. I've been keeping this secret about Mya for far too long and before I allow my sister to leave Italy I have to tell her the truth.

Gianna: Is this about Antonio? I thought you guys hit it off last night. Luciano likes him and I was hoping that you would too.

Lucio: It's not about your boyfriend. It's about Mya.

Gianna: Is she alright?

Lucio: I need to tell you everything about her. Uncle Luigi gifted her to me as a birthday present.

Gianna: I don't understand. What do you mean gifted her to you? I don't understand how a person can become a birthday present and for this long. Your birthday was eight months ago.

Lucio: I mean Uncle Luigi bought her for me.

Gianna: Bought her?! Is she some sought of long term hooker or something?

Lucio: No Gianna you don't understand.

Gianna: Then help me understand because this is too confusing.

Watching my sister's reaction to what I just told her reminds me of how messed up this situation is. I want to forget all that I told her just to protect her innocence. 'It's too late to turn back now' the voice at the back of my head spoke.

Lucio: For my birthday uncle Luigi took me to France and bought Mya as a birthday present for me. Illegally.

The horrific look my sister has on her face as she realizes what I meant when I said illegal feels like a knife is piercing through my heart. My sister was getting too attached to Mya. She deserved to know the truth. But I didn't want the truth to hurt her this much.

Lucio: G, I know this is hard to take in all at once and believe me when I say I know how f***ed up this entire situation is.

Gianna is still silent. Her eyes is twitching from left to right and I can only imagine all the thoughts that are going through her mind.

Gianna: What have you done? You can go to jail for the rest of your life for this. You and uncle Luigi. I can't believe you are involve in trafficking women. Mya is your slave?

Lucio: I had nothing to do with this and I never made her do anything against her will.

Gianna: Then why didn't you let her go?

Lucio: Because I can't. Uncle Luigi would have us both killed if I let her go. Keeping Mya here with me is the only way to keep her alive.

Gianna: Why would uncle Luigi do this? He said he was done with the mafia.

Lucio: He lied to us all.

Gianna: Poor Mya. Having your entire life ripped away from you. I cannot even begin to feel her pain.

Lucio: I'll try to fix this if it's the last thing I do.

Gianna: I will help you brother. We have to get Luciano over here and protect him from Luigi.

Lucio: The last thing I want to do is get you two mixed up in all of this...

Gianna I'm helping and that's final. Luciano needs to know how messed up in the head his favorite uncle really is. I knew Mya was holding something from me but I never would've suspected this.

Lucio: There's something else I have to tell you.

Gianna: You fell in love with her!

Lucio: How did you know?

Gianna: I see the way she's changed you. For the better. Before Mya I truly believed that you were incapable of loving someone. Mom and I were really worried for you. The fact that you want to help her go home knowing that you may never see her ever again, I know you care for Mya more than yourself.

We both sit in silence for a few minutes. I think about what my sister just said. Ever since I told Mya that I would help her get home, her leaving me has been heavy on my mind. I don't want her to leave but I don't want her to be here against her will.

Gianna: I have to be in London in the next hour so I must leave.

Lucio: Keep this between you and I. Don't make any moves without me knowing Gi.

Gianna: I promise I won't. I'll try to get back here as soon as I can. I love you.

We embrace each other with a long hug before Gianna leaves my office. I feel like a huge weight have been lifted off my shoulders. I needed to talk to someone whom I could trust and my sister came in the right time. I love my uncle but I can't just sit here and watch innocent girls' lives get robbed.

I leave my office to go find Mya in the kitchen. She notices me and I'm welcomed with an adorable smile. I walk closer to her and she stands from the barstools and hugs me. My arm automatically opens up for her and I kiss her forehead. It feels so normal, like we've been doing this all our lives. I break our hug and hold her face in my hands as I stare into her beautiful eyes.

"I will never let anything happen to you", I say to her. Mya kisses me and I'm at peace.