PROTECTING MYA

Sharply at 8pm there's an expected knock at the door. Maria opens the door and in walks Mr. and Mrs. Avaldi. Mrs. Avaldi's eyes search the entrance of Lucio's home. Lucio appears from the dining room entry way to greet his parents.

"Mother" Lucio walked over to greet his mother with a peck on the cheek.

"Imagine the surprise I had when your PA called informing us about your dinner plans. After what happened earlier today", Giulia said while giving her husband a stern look." I was worried that I wouldn't hear from you." Lucio's mom explained.

Lucio made sure that his eyes doesn't meet with his father's. He directs his mother to the dining room to which his father follows closely behind them.

Excitement is plastered across Luciano's face the moment he sees his parents. Gianna would visit home from time to time but Luciano, being an athlete, would only visit home for major holidays like Christmas.

The room goes into an almost uncomfortable awkward silence when the parents notice a stranger standing in the corner. Lucio's mom's eyes were locked on Mya. Giulia scoped Mya out from head to toe.

Lucio noticed Mya's discomfort from all the attention being diverted towards her.

"Don't be scared", he whispered in her ear then took her hand and brought her even closer to his parents.

"Mother this is Mya, my girlfriend." Mya and Lucio never put a title to what they were so she was caught completely off guard when he introduced her to his mother as his girlfriend.

"Nice to finally meet you Mrs. Avaldi, I've heard so much about you", Mya extended her hand to shake Giulia's hand.

Mrs. Avaldi studied Mya for a moment, examining this gorgeous woman who stole her son's heart.

"Wonderful meeting you my dear", Giulia refused Mya's handshake and embraced her with an overwhelming hug.

Giulia eventually releases Mya and a permanent smile is visible on her face. Lucio finally addresses his father.

"And this is my father", Lucio said coldly.

Luca shook Mya's hand swiftly and without words then walks over to the head of the table to sit where he usually would. Everyone followed behind him. Mya noticed his disapproval and felt hurt. Lucio rubbed the lower part of her back, a sign of reassurance she needed at that moment, then leads her to her seat which is next to his.

Mrs. Avaldi was so embarrassed from her husband's rude behavior towards Mya. She gave him a look that would describe how displeased she is but he knows not to look her direction.

"Now that everyone's here" Lucio started, attempting to divert attention towards him, "there is something that I'd like to discuss with all of you. Before you get to know more about Mya and me, there's something you need to know first" Lucio started.

"I hope you're about to explain you're your repugnant behavior towards your duties and responsibilities. Then again, we can all see why". Mr. Avaldi said that last part looking directly at Mya.

"LUCA!" Giulia scolded but her husband completely ignored her.

"Miss to what family do you belong, you have to be worthy enough to even consider yourself a potential suitor for my son, let alone be in the presence of my family..."

"LUCA ENOUGH!" Giulia snapped, slamming her hand on the table, "enough of this rude behavior you have towards Mya, enough of you completely disregarding our son's feelings, enough of you" Giulia went on.

"Giulia Lucio is my heir, I cannot have someone unworthy..." Luca attempted to defend his behavior.

"Dad you don't even know her" Gianna interrupted her father.

Lucio looks over to Mya and realize the pain on her face as she endures all the hate coming from his father. Nobody, especially Mya should have to endure such shame and disrespect. He immediately removes her from the room and closes the door behind her, he couldn't bear to look into her eyes.

Lucio felt like nothing he ever does is good enough for his father. Lucio always did what his father wanted and isolating him from his family was one of them but the one time Lucio is happy his father wants to take that away too.