PAINFUL CONFESSION

Mya and Lucio are finally alone.

"Thank you for keeping your promise" Mya says, trying to break the awkwardness between the two of them.

"I am a man of my word Mya." Lucio is sad. He doesn't want Mya to leave but he is good at hiding his true feeling from her.

Silence erupts the room, both of them deep in their own thoughts.

Mya wants to tell Lucio how she really feels but the 'what if he doesn't feel the same way' scares her.

I want to see my family again but I also don't want to leave him, so how do I tell him this? Mya thinks to herself. Maybe I'm way over my head. What would a guy like that be doing falling in love with a girl like me? He's use to models and actresses. Why would he want a middle class ex law student?

"Penny for your thoughts?" Lucio asked, genuinely concerned.

A minute ago Mya wanted to pour her heart out to Lucio but not anymore.

"um...I'm just excited to go home" Mya said with a fake smile on her face. Lucio fakes a grin as well. He wants her to want to stay with him.

Lucio's phone suddenly rings. After looking at the caller ID he leaves Mya and heads for his office.

LUCIO'S POV

"How could you have a live-in girlfriend and not tell me about it? Lucio's face instantly turns blue.

"Mother! Where did you get that information from?" at the back of his mind he was thinking about ways he would kill Gianna.

"Why would I disclose of my source to you?" his mother laughed.

"Well if you must know, mother, she isn't my girlfriend, just a friend I'm helping out."

"Don't try to hide it Luce, why would you shut down the hotel's restaurant, the best restaurant in Italy, for someone who is just a friend. Your father was furious when one of his colleague called to complain about not getting reservations but not to worry I calmed him down" Lucio's mother ranted.

"Because of me that hotel is one of the best establishments we own. So what if I wanted one night to myself. He has no business getting upset", now Lucio is angry. If my father has a problem with the way I handle my business he can take it up directly with me, Lucio thought to himself.

"Don't be upset with your father Lucie. Anyways tell me about the girl. Where is she from? What does she do? When can I meet her? His mother said, changing the conversation.

"She will be going home soon mother so I'm afraid you're not going to meet her"

"oh how sad..." Lucio's mom is disappointed.

"Mother I must go" Lucio interrupted his mother, "I have some important business that needs my attention at this very moment" he said before hanging up the phone, without waiting for a response.

Lucio let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding after he ended his mother's call.

Later that evening 'Rosa' made (traditional Italian dinner) for Lucio and Mya. They sat in yet another awkward silence while having dinner together.

"Can I ask you a question?" Mya said, braking the ice. Lucio puts down his eating utensils and have Mya his full attention.

"What do you think of me?"

Lucio is quiet. He is caught off guard with that question.

Mya gets worried. 'Why is he so quiet?' she thinks to herself.

"I mean", Mya paused. She is at a loss for words. Now she regrets even asking Lucio that question. She's trying to think of a way to get out of this conversation.

"Never mind", Mya is afraid of being rejected by the man she fell in love with. 'Why would -Lucio want me? Compare to him I'm nothing' she abuses herself.

"You're the strongest woman I have ever met" Lucio answered.

Butterflies are doing backflips in Mya's stomach. 'How can I not love this man' she thought to herself.