PAINFUL MEMORIES

LUCIO'S POV

I've hired the best private investigator in the UK to investigate my uncle's involvement in Mya's kidnapping. Today my investigator is here to speak to Mya. Anything she remembers about the day she got kidnapped will be helpful.

"Hello Mya, my name is George", the investigator extends his hands out to greet Mya. Mya had no idea about this meeting. I can tell that she's caught off guard.

"Hello Mr. George", she greets him back then looks at me. "What's going on", she asks.

"Mr. George is a private investigator. I've hired him to help get you home." I attempted to explain.

"Okay" Mya said softly before sitting down. Why isn't she happy about this, I thought to myself.

"Mya I would like to ask a couple questions if that's okay with you", George states.

"Sure", Mya says in an undertone. I expected her to be a little more enthusiastic and eager to help.

"So what can you remember be about the day you were taken?" George asked.

Mya looks uncomfortable while answering George's question. I feel horrible for having her revisit the worst day of her life.

"I was walking home from campus library. I remember a black van parked at an empty parking lot. As I was walking pass the quick shop the van's head lights turned on. I remember running to my apartment. When I got there it all happened so fast. I felt someone grabbed me and was covering my nose with a black cloth. Then I knocked out. I woke up in a container tied up." A tear escaped Mya's eyes.

"Can you tell me anything about the men who kidnapped you?" George asked. At this point I would love nothing more than to end the interview. Mya's entire body tensed up.

"There was this one guy who tried to rape me but Paul shot him. I remember seeing the other men throw his body into the ocean."

"Who's Paul?" George probed.

"Paul is the boss." Mya said.

"I remember a man introduced himself as Paul at the shipping docks. He and my uncle seemed to know each other." I chimed in.

"Do you remember anything else?" George diverted his attention back to Mya.

"I remember everything Mr. George. I remember the ten other girls I was locked in the container with. We were ripped away from our homes, our families. I remember seeing the petrified looks on all of their faces when we found out that we're going to be sold as sex slaves. These men took away our freedom. My life meant nothing to them. All they cared about was making money." Mya paused for a few seconds before she spoke again", Can I have a minute?" Mya said before storming out of my office. I know this was going to be hard for her.

MYA'S POV

I walk over to the kitchen and I break down. I'm crying for my sisters and the other women who were stolen and sold just like me. I really hope that they're okay out there especially Makayla. She's practically a child. I remember my parents, my mother. I hope they're surviving without me.

I'm so caught up in my thoughts that I hadn't notice someone enter the kitchen after me. I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turn and find Gianna about to console me. She pulls me into a long hug and whisper words of encouragement to me. I'm really grateful for her at this moment. Since finding out the truth about me she has been nothing but supportive.

(Mya and Gianna are now having girl chat...)

"Don't get me wrong Gianna, I'm happy that Lucio is staying true to his word and is trying to get me back home."

"So why doesn't your happiness show?"

"I'm so confused" why is Lucio so invested in getting rid of me. I thought I was making him happy but he is so hard to read. What do I expect? Lucio can get anybody he chooses. Why would he want someone like me?

"Confused about what? Do you love my brother?" is it that obvious that I've fallen in love with Lucio?

"I didn't intend for it to happen but it just did." I have been trying to fight this feeling off but it's so hard not to love him.

"Oh my Gosh"

"Please keep this between you and I. I don't want any issues between the two of us right now" I know Lucio doesn't love me back but I guess I'm still hoping that just maybe he does.