15. Please?

FIFTEEN PLEASE?

FIFTEEN PLEASE?

◥✥◤

"Dude, stop looking around for him, you're being obvious as hell," Tanya groaned at her blonde friend whose eyes were raking the area surrounding them looking for a certain blond-haired troublemaker of a boy. "You'll notice when he gets there because he and Kie will probably be fighting about something loudly while everyone is forced to eavesdrop just by the sheer volume of their conversation."

"Someone's in a mood," Evie mutters, nudging the other dark-skinned girl with a confused look, "I thought we were team JJ now."

"There are no teams," Maude interrupted, "We're team Whatever-Makes-Helena happy."

"I thought you just said there were no teams," added Haily with a confused expression.

"Guys!" Helena exclaimed, sounding exasperated, "Can we just chill? I'm already freaking at the idea of having to talk to him after our last conversation and as much as I love you guys, you're stressing me out. I've never had the L-word conversation with a guy before."

"Lesbian?" Maude snickered at her own joke, laughing more when she saw the pained looks of her friends, "Come on, it's a Scott Pilgrim reference! Sheesh, where's your white boy culture?"

Tanya just shook her head, "You're ridiculous. Helena, I'm gonna be real, you're freaking out over nothing. If you really love him, it should come easy the moment you see him. I know you're nervous that he won't feel the same way, but anyone with eyes can see that he does. It'll go super smooth, I promise you."

The blonde sighed, trying to relax in the lawn chair she was posted up in, "Thanks, T. I'm just nervous because this whole "communicating your feelings" thing is like super new for me."

"Aw, honey," Maude pouted, tugging on the blonde's arm affectionately, "We know. You barely even hug us and we've been friends for years. You're not exactly the epitome of emotionally available."

Hailey laughed outwardly at this, snorting while she was in the middle of taking a sip of water, "The only physical affection my sister knows is throwing a left hook. Remember when we almost fist fought because you said I had whore nails? Good times."

"I'm glad you look back on that fondly," Helena's voice dripped with sarcasm as she tried to force herself to not look around the green for JJ. "I sure don't, that was the night mom fucking dipped on us."

The older Vermont sister quieted at this, taking a deep breath, "Yeah, she's been doing that a lot lately, huh."

The solemn shift in the conversation was thankfully pulled away from their attention as they heard a familiar voice exclaiming, "I'm so glad they're still doing this. Keep calm, carry on. Back to the OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"