~Thirteen~

Jeremy's Cult

King: everyone come over to my place tonight. big surprise!!

Nickelodeon Childhood Crush: I LOVE SURPRISES

Me: I HATE SURPRISES

After taking a quick, but very much needed nap, I get ready for tonight. I pull on black cargo pants and a tight green shirt. I put my hair up in a messy ponytail and head over to Madison's apartment. 

I honk the horn at Mads as she walks over to me, "Hurry up little girl." 

She rolls her eyes at me as she climbs in the passenger seat. I pump up the music and scream along as we drive to Jer's. I have to quickly swerve to avoid a curb and Mads screams, "Are you trying to kill us?"

"Hey, I am a great driver." I say, backing up to park again. 

She shuts her car door, "Its the lying for me." 

We knock on the door and my favorite person opens it. I scream and hug her, "Carolynn!"

She laughs and pulls me into the apartment, "I missed you!" 

I step back, "You have no idea how bad it has been with these three idiots. I think they share one brain cell and Jeremy likes to hide it from the other two."

"HEY." The three boys say as they try to climb on each other's shoulders. Carolynn and I laugh as they fall to the ground and Mads makes fun of them. 

We catch up as we wait for Sav, and apparently Tori, to show up. We all head out to dinner and I steal Care from Jeremy, walking next to her on the way to the restaurant. I try to ignore how Tori basically throws herself all over Charlie as we walk. 

Inside the restaurant, I end up sitting next to Owen and Carolynn with Charlie across from me. I spend the whole dinner trying to ignore how Charlie keeps giving me a look every time my phone goes off. I give him a confused look as I check my phone to see Clarke's message.

Clarke from the coffee shop: So, I may or may not have made a reservation at a restaurant downtown for friday so you can't back out. 

Me: You are so bossy

Clarke from the coffee shop: I try 

Carolynn bumps my shoulder, "Who is Clarke from the coffee shop? New man?" 

I smile nervously, "He just happens to be someone who is taking me out on Friday. No big deal." 

"I'm happy for you. I know it was hard after you and you know who broke up." Carolynn says. I smile sadly, remembering my boyfriend of four years, Jake. I thought we were the real thing and we were going to get married. But he was in a horrible car accident and didn't make it. It torn me apart.

We all pay for our meals and get up to head back to Jeremy's. Charlie walks next to me on the way back, "So I was thinking we should hang out later this week. How does Friday sound?" 

I smile, "Sorry, but I already have plans on Friday?"

"With Clarke?" Charlie asks angrily. 

I frown, "Yes, with Clarke. Is that an issue for you? Last time I checked, you don't get to control who I hang out with Charlie." Is he jealous of Clarke? 

"I'm not trying to. All I did was ask a question. How does Wednesday sound? I know that is only two days away and kind of last minute, but Tori and I have plans on Thursday." He isn't jealous, he has a girlfriend. 

I look down at my feet, "I can't do Wednesday. Maybe a different time, sorry." I say my goodbyes to everyone and climb into my car with Madison. 

"So, want to tell me what that awkwardness with you and Charlie was? I could practically see the tension." Mads says as we drive. 

"Nothing is going on, he just likes to stick his big head where it doesn't belong." I say in an angry tone. 

I park in front of her apartment, "Or maybe its the fact that you two are in love with each other but choose to fight instead of accept your own feelings."

I stick my head out the window and yell at her as she walks away, "That's not whats going on! I'm not in love with Charlie!"

Am I? 

Author's Note: This chapter is kind of boring, sorry. Please continue to vote and comment. Thank you to everyone who is reading and following along!!