7. Secrets

Superman POV

"Superman!" Flash called out. I flew to the ground and looked at him.

He pointed towards the woods, where two assassins where escaping to. Between them, Carmen Tetch was being dragged, pale and bloodied.

I nodded and grabbed his arm. I flew us quickly towards the trees, he didn't run because the assassins would hear us coming. He closed in on them and I dropped him.

The assassins spotted us and dropped Carmen, pulling out swords. I watched Carmen pull a knife out the calf sheath on one of the assassins ankles. The assassins charges. Flash dodged and punched one assassin, while I simply swatted the other into a tree.

I looked at Carmen. She was leaning against a tree, knife in hand and glaring weakly at us. She was pale and blood was splattered all across her. Multiple cuts were on her face and jacket, from being dragged through the vegetation in the woods.

Flash and I looked at each other and frowned. I took a step forward.

"Carmen. It's alright. We won't hurt you. Let us help you." I said gently.

"No." She said weakly, she was slightly swaying now, sweat running down her face.

Flash spoke up. "Carmen, we-"

I sped forward as Carmen blacked out and toppled over. She was limp in my arms and I turned her over, examining the long gash in her back.

"She's lost too much blood." Flash said, kneeling down.

I handed her to him. "Take her to the batcave. Stay there in case she wakes up and tries to attack Alfred."

He nodded and sped away. I stood up and flew back to the fight.

Batman walked up to me. "Did you get Talia?" He asked, but you could tell he didn't think I did.

"No. I don't know where she went. Flash and I went after Carmen and the two assassins with her." I said.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"The backcave. She was losing alot of blood." He nodded.

"We need to get back. Hopefully no one saw this fight." He said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Damian. He's not in his costume." He explained.

I nodded, taking a small glance at Damian, who was glaring at me.

"Anything you need me to do?" I asked.

"Yes. You and Wonder Woman take these assassins to the GCPD." (Gotham City Police Department) He said.

"You don't want to question them?" I asked.

"No. The assassins from before said Carmen knew Talia's master plan. I'm sure we've just foiled it, but we should make sure. Either way, if Gordan finds something important while he's questioning them, he'll tell me." Batman explained.

I nodded and got to work.

Alfred POV

Mr. Allen raced in through the waterfall. The Bat computer had foretold his approach with an unknown lifesource, so I readied the medical suppiles beforehand.

He carries a young girl, about Damian's age, and I would assume she was Carmen Tetch. However was worried me was the very long gash across her back.

Flash silently set her down and I got to work, disinfecting and treating the shallow wound. It wasn't deep enough to need stitches, so I wrapped bandages around it.