Chapter 1: The beginning

Chapter one: the beginning

Melissa's pov: 

I was blanked out ... All I could feel was a burning sensation all over my body, it was highly concentrated in my throat and the pain just would not disappear , infact I'm sure its getting worse by every minute that goes by... I heard a small sound but I couldn't understand what it was saying.

"Msa"

What? It's less distant but still not close enough ...

My eyes flew open at the all too familiar voice.

"Melissa"

"Wake up Melissa !"

>thats not how my story should begin, it should start with what happened first, how I got to the terrible state I'm in now...<

I'm Melissa an eighteen year old girl , with a backstory like everyone else , my parents died in an act of homicide and I'm pretty much a loner. I'm not the type of girl who is helpless and needs to be controlled by either. me? I'm the girl you never talk to , the girl at the back of the class that you have heard stories about . Im the girl your afraid of knowing ... and I like to keep it that way. I'm scared of being friends with anyone ... I'm afraid of getting close to someone, trusting them more than I trust myself and then loosing them, like I loose everyone and everything... That's why I don't trust anyone. Not even me. Because trust only makes life worse.

I grew up knowing about vampires and that they REALLY do exist. So I enrolled in a vampire and human blend high school . A What? It's basically a school where there are both human and vampire students who are in classes together. A mixture of both really, basically your everyday high school but with vampires included . The thing is... It's more of a college/ highschool / university Because you get a dorm to live in , they want every student to have a dorm so that they stay in school grounds. We start blend high school at the age of 18 but we stay for 6 years and learn what we need to , for future purposes like jobs etc. I know what your thinking . Why would you put humans and vampires in the same school? Couldn't you just have some random vampire schools instead? Well, we could have done that... But where would that have got the humans and vampires? Because of this idea we have peace between our two species. But the hunters think otherwise, they want all vampires dead. They don't believe in peace with vampires as they fight to be the better species... Hunters are human, but extra ordinary humans. With speed, strength and flexibility higher than that of an average humans They are highly trained and its a constant thing. You don't stop training until you pass out. In all honesty... They are more monstrous than vampires.

>I think I will skip to my first day of high school <

*the morning of my first day of blend H.S.*

"Remember to take your clothes and your laptop and your school stuff and you-"

"Shhh Stacey, I've got EVERYTHING!" I said with a hint of exaggeration.

"I told you to call me mom!"

"And I told you I want to call you STACEY" I stated.

>Stacey,she was my adopted mother, she was 24 the last time I saw her . she's been there for me for about 3 years At that time. She's amazing but she doesn't know about vampires so I had to lie to her and say I was going to a private school provided by the social carers<

"I don't want you to leave, It was like only yesterday that I got you!" Stacey cried out to me, with her arms wide out looking for a hug.

"Arhh, I have to go! I'll be back at the holidays of course and I'll text you everyday to see how things are going on, plus... don't go all motherly on me now... you actually MIGHT make me cry... we don't want that now, do we"  

I never cry, not at things like these... But with Stacey being the only thing I love and care about its quite hard just to leave and not have a few tears shed,

Stacey considered it for a moment and shook her head.

"I, I suppose not but if it wasn't me being motherly then who would be? I mean comon! you need SOMEONE to be all smushy." Stacey laughed at her motherly comment,

*BEEP BEEP*

"Oh! That's the bus . I. I. I guess this is goodbye till December huh?" Stacey weeped as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I guess so, I love you -mom- "

"OH MY GOD!" Stacey cried as I called her mom, she had been waiting for that day for years, but I just never seemed to call her that... I liked her better as a sister, we fight like sisters, borrow each others stuff like sisters, we laugh like sisters , cry like sisters and we annoy each other like sisters... but theres just that one thing about her that makes me love her, is that we always protect each other no matter how life endangering it may be.

I opened the door and rushed out to the bus , the bus driver was already standing there, ready to put my bags in the storage area.

"This is it... I'm going away...." I whispered to myself,

I waved Stacey a goodbye and adventured onto the double decker bus. I went up to the top of the bus as I was directed to go there by the bus driver, guess the bottom part was for the vampire passengers ... And walked across the busy rows of seats and ended up at the back of the bus, alone. Good. I hate being next to people I don't know ... So I put my earphones in and listened to music and stared out of the window to take in the scenery . While taking in the new atmosphere, of which I will need to get used to .

A/N: So how did everyone like my first chapter !!!? 

Short, I know... But the book is gonna be quite short if I'm completely honest !(: