Shattered Glass

⚠️Depression Warning!!!⚠️

(All beans prepare yourself ÒwÓ)

Dream sat on the bed of his room, remembering a memory from the past. He doesn't want anyone else to know (not even the readers) what memory it was, because it was a painful memory he never wants to talk about.

He stood up and locked the door of his room, then cowered on the dark side of the room. He slowly began crying to himself for a few minutes before pulling out a small shoebox from the bottom of his dresser.

The shoebox was just a plain brown cardboard box, nothing special about that which also means there was nothing special inside. Good for hiding stuff from other people.
Dream opened the box and there was a small sharp knife.

He shakily grabbed it and positioned it at his left wrist. He breath in a small gust of air before cutting himself and saying a few sentences to himself after every cut.

"It's my fault..."

"It's my fault my brother is like this..."

"It's my fault for not doing a good job..."

"It's my fault that I wasn't there for him..."

"It's my fault that I failed to see the truth behind the villagers..."

"It's my fault for not being able to protect him..."

"It's all my fault..."

It's all his fault...
That's what Dream always says to himself. He blamed himself for everything that happened to his brother.

He kept planting more cuts on his wrist and started tearing up. Guilt filled himself as the golden blood splattered on the floor, mixing with the golden tears that fell from his eyes.

More and more cuts were planted as a stream of golden tears fell down to the floor. Guilt was building up inside him with every cut.
He kept cutting and cutting, until he passed out from too much blood loss.

Normally, the size of this negativity around the small guardian would be able to attract Nightmare to his location. But thanks to a certain someone, he was able to hide all of his negative emotions.

A few minutes later, Dream stirred and got up from the floor, holding his head and keeping it together. He went to get a towel from the bathroom and wiped the floor clean, eyes still watery. After that, he cleaned up his wounds and put on his gloves to hide them. Then he wiped away the tears from his eyes, putting on a fake smile that was rather convincing for everyone.
Then an ominous shadow started to appear in the mirror. It was Shattered.

"H-Hi S-Shattered..." Dream spoke weakly, his face saddened. Shattered gave a disappointed look at Dream. "Dream, I thought I told you to stop this." Shattered said to him.

"I-I know..." Dream looked down. "Look, Dream. You've been beating yourself way too many times. It pains me to see you like this!" Shattered raised his voice a little.
"You know it's not your fault" Shattered continued. "But it is!" Dream protested.

"It's my fault for not being there for him! It's my fault he's like this! I-It's all m-my fault..." Dream cried out with pain.
"I-It's a-always m-my f-fault..." Dream finished as tears leaked down on the sink, almost filling itself up with his golden tears.

Shattered just gave Dream a sad and sympathetic look. Oh, if only he could get out of that damn mirror and hug Dream protectively with care.

"Damn you Nightmare! You're so f**king blind that I want to f**king kill you right now!" Shattered whispered to himself, which Dream couldn't hear.

"Shhh... Just let it all out." Shattered tried comforting him as Dream cried more and more through the entire day.

וווו

I just want to inform you, Sweet Beans, that this story is full of depression and no happiness at all :3