Chapter Six

~|George|~

He'd smiled so softly, that I'd felt my nerves wash away, almost completely. 

"I like it." He'd said, and I'd smiled back, shifting from foot to foot, listening to the soft chorus of gentle music that was now muffled by the walls of my bedroom.

"Really?" I'd asked quietly. 

He hadn't answered with words at first, instead placing the mask around his head, slightly ruffling his blonde hair. I'd helped him tie the string in a tiny bow, and then took a small step back to see. I giggled softly at the little smiley face mask that gazed back at me. 

"Of course I do, it's from you." 

~||~ 

I lean my head on my hand with a sigh, absentmindedly tapping a spare arrowhead on the table. Sapnap sat across from me, equally as bored. 

We weren't allowed to leave this ruined building until Dream talked to Technoblade and got the pink haired man's approval, to our dismay. 

And Tommy, Tubbo, and Bad, who I'd learned was another member of the group, were long gone, apparently to go talk to some guy by the name of 'Wilbur.' 

Which left Sapnap and I to sit here, with nothing to do, bored out of our minds.

"You'd think we would've had enough sense to not go with him." I grumble.

"Yeah, and who's the one to agreed to it?" Sapnap retorted. "You were practically drooling over him, George, and you couldn't even see his face!" 

"Wh- How?! We've had literally one conversation with him, stupid, I'm not that weird." I protest.

Sapnap snickers. "That's what they all say." 

I look up, about to question what the fuck he's talking about, when the door opens. Our heads both snap over to the doorway in sync.

"Jesus- You guys are like- Creepy." Dream mutters. 

Sapnap shoots me a mischievous glance. "Ohh? What makes you say.. That..?" He asks in the softest, most eerie voice he can muster, sending shivers down even my own spine.

Dream's mouth presses into a thin line, and I can imagine the look in his eyes behind his mask. I bite my lip to stifle a giggle, tearing my gaze away from the little smiley face on the mask.

Speaking of his mask, it reminds me of some strange, distant memory. I pause, zoning out for a second as I rack my mind for something to explain this nagging feeling. But nothing comes. I sigh softly, shaking my head a bit and returning to the conversation. 

"So Techno says you can stay." Dream says curtly, leaning against the doorframe. "So I have to show you around and shit, because apparently Tommy and Tubbo are busy." 

Sapnap snorts. "You say this as if we want to hang out with you any more than you'd like to hang out with us." He mutters under his breath. I snicker at this, running my thumb over the dull arrowhead. 

I could've sworn Dream's gaze lingers on me for a heartbeat longer than necessary, making what could only be explained as butterflies explode in my stomach.

But just as quickly as the strange feeling hits, it's gone, and Dream is basically kicking us out of the room, my confusion being quickly pushed away. 

Dream leads us out of the small room, and to my surprise I hadn't noticed it was one of the only buildings around. I blink a little in the dim light, looking down slightly guiltily at the thought of forcing others to sleep outside. I feel Sapnap slide his hand into mine for a moment and relax a little, scurrying after Dream.