Chapter 8

Sports Festival

The day before the sports festival.. Izuku was excited to go home, sleep, and wake up the next morning. Arriving home, Izuku was not greeted by Inko. With the thought that she will come back later, he went to his room, do the few home works and rest in the living room a bit and watch the television. Not long later, jingling of keys are heard and the door opened revealing no one else but mama Inko.

"Hey mom. You're late today.. Rough day?" Inko looked tired, than usual.. And a bit down. "How about, I'll make dinner mom? Rest for a bit okay?" Izuku offered. 'I want to cook for you at least this last time..' Inko thought.

"How about we cook together?" Inkp smiled wide. A small smile like usual appeared on Izuku's face. "Okay then.." after Inko changed, she was determined to stay happy and be hapoy for and with Izuku. He may not be her real son by blood but, he's worth more than the universe to her.
Inko already said goodbye to Mitsuki, who accepted her death as a request from Inko. Of course Mitsuki would want to spend more time with her bestfriend since high school but, Izuku would need his mother more.

After making dinner, the two ate talking to each other. For Izuku, somehow, their conversation is happier than usual. Which made him smile more than he usually do. He showed his childish side that rarely comes out. Where his chuckles bacame loud laughs, satisfying Inko's heart and wishes. Izuku's wide smile...

After that, they ready for bed.. "Hey Izuku.. Can you sleep beside me tonight? Just for tonight." Izuku agreed to his mother's wishes.

Now on the bed together.. Inko and Izuku were just enjoying each other's presence. "mom.. Promise me, you'll watch me live tomorrow.. I'll blow you a kiss if I ever got caught in the camera.." Inko chuckled. "Yeah.. I will"

I'm sorry Izuku.. I won't be able to see you be cool in the Sports festival. "Izuku.. Always remember that I love you okay?" "I love you too mom."
"Promise?" "Promise!"

Thankyou, Izuku..
_______________

The next day, Izuku woke up early and alone in his mom's bed. Smelling the aroma of Katsudon, he immediately rush out the room and to the dining. "I delivered your favorite.." Inko said keeping her smile. "Mom.. Good morning."

"Good morning Izuku.. Eat okay? You don't want to be tired all day if you want to win.." before she even knew it, her son already ate half the bowl. "slow down.. You still have an hour and a half before call time." Izuku nodded but ate the same speed. Inko sighed and smiled in defeat.

Soon enough, she gave one last look at his son with proud eyes. She tears up "Izuku!! You are so cool.. I'm so proud of you!!" she exclaimed hugging him. "Don't cry mom.. You'll see better stuff in the future." She just nodded and sent her son off. After a few minutes Izuku left, she decided it's time for her to leave too. Taking one last look at the apartment and reminiscing memories of her and Izuku playing and laughing.

_______________

At UA. Everyone is pumped up. Even Izuku and Shoto who showed neutral faces, reek of determination and winning. With the crowd full of energy, Present Mic and Midnight started welcoming the start of the festival. Aizawa was just contradicting everything Mic says in the background, maybe small arguments here and there.

A lot of heroes will be watching and is sure that they want to recruit students to join their agency. Especially, Endeavor. He came to watch his son, Shoto, to win the first place. But, there's something more that awaits the hero.
Now on the sidelines, Endeavor is standing proudly in his hero suit and flames.

"Now that all classes are here! Izuku Midoriya! As the representative of the first years please give a motivation speech!" Midnight called out. The red head walked towards the small stage.

Enji's eyes widen a bit at the familiarity. The hue of red, the tips that naturally fade into white. How could he not? The youngest child, his youngest son had the same hair.
With his thoughts he didn't get to hear  what the boy said. Izuku walked down on stage, with Midnight announcing the first event. An obstacle course.

The students are ready at the starting line, all they are waiting for is the go signal. And on cue, "Start!" Midnight yelled. The first thing that happened was 'Ice'. Shoto froze the whole tunnel with the hopes of freezing everyone and get a head start. Of course some of 1A saw this coming. Shoto was now running in the lead, but he felt heat. Hot like his flames. 'Izuku'. Red hot ice path now taking the lead. The crowd went wild as this became a two man show rather than one. Soon enough, both Ice and Fire users heard screaming. "Bakugou" they both sighed. Present mic as commentator hyped the crowd more and more, others were still stuck with Zero pointers and the two simply use their different Ice quirk to pass through them. Izuku felt sorry for those who touched his hot blizzards but he needs to make his mama proud.

Apparently, Shoto and Izuku are pretty much doing the same thing and in the same speed. The only difference is hot and one is cold.

Endeavor was still eyeing Izuku wide eyed. Instead of Shouto, he took interest in Izuku. Not in the way of training him to be the next number one, maybe if he brought him back, just maybe.. Their family would slowly build up into a happy one again. He wants to make things better piece by piece.

"LOOKS LIKE THE TWO IN THE LEAD ARE BEING CONSIDERATE FOLKS!" Present Mic announced since both boys avoided the mine bombs without their quirk. "Their not being considerate, those bombs will blow up  when the others will arrive. Which will slow them down." Eraserhead sighed. "C'MON ERASER!! THAT'S NOT A COMMENT TO HYPE THE CROWD!!"

Then Bakugou started throwing faint explosions at mines in front of Shoto and Izuku, which made a war of three. "LOOKS LIKE THEIR FIGHTING FOR THE LEAD!!! ERASER WHAT DO YOU TEACH THESE KIDS TO HAVE SO MUCH DETERMINATION!?!!" "I don't do anything, they just.. Have the will to be number one."

"OH LOOK! SOMEONES COMING OUT!  AND OUR FIRST PLACE IS....."