Chapter 23

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, is that you?" Isaac asked. I nodded my head.

"Yeah." Then we all had a group hug. Ace was standing there awkwardly, then Elias noticed him.

"Y/n, is that your boyfriend?" Me and Ace turned red.

'Not yet'I thought to myself

" no I'm her friend Ace" Ace said.

" oh nice to meet you. Y/n, your friend's so .... STUNNING!" Emma said. Emma is nice but after got heartbroken by many guys, she stopped caring much about their feelings. Ace didn't seem to get bothered by what she said, probably because he's used to getting compliments from fangirls at school.

"Thanks" he said.

"Don't start simping, you just met him." Benjamin told her. I had a tingling feeling when she was flirting with him.

'I will confess to him but on his birthday. Maybe later.' I thought to myself.

They then introduced themselves and we talked for a while. They also know about what happened between me and Alex, and it's good that Ace had to mess his face like that because Alex changed and became more annoying. He even lied and said that I was dating Ace and that I didn't care about him anymore, so he 'found someone better.' I didn't care anymore especially after hearing Ace saying that he likes me. I hope that things don't change tho, at least not start going south.

"So you play basketball too?" Benjamin asked, giving him a cold glare. It is pretty obvious that he has a thing for Emma, but she doesn't notice him. In the team, he plays as the power forward and the captain of the team, just like ace.

"Yeah" Ace said

"Wanna have a match with me?" He asked.

We went to the school's gym, and lucky for us, it was opened.

"You didn't tell me, who took my place in the team?" I asked them.

"A new guy called yato. He's a nice guy. We were going to meet him at the school's gym anyway. " Ashley said stoically. She's cold only because ace's there. She doesn't like to show new people her fun and nice side, at least not immediately after she meets them.

"And handsome. I asked him out but he said no. I guess I'm not his type" maybe because he thought that she's a player? Well she is. Benjamin rolled his eyes

We reached there and saw a boy with a dark violet hair and blue eyes. He was smiling, and honestly, his eyes are amazing.

"This is yato." Issac told me. Ace suddenly narrowed his eyes.

"Hi everyone!" He said.

" hey" all of them greeted him. We then made an eye contact.

"Yato, this is y/n, Alex's ex, And this is ace, y/n's boy- I mean friend" I blushed. Why does everyone refer to me as ace's girlfriend?? Not that I mind it, it's just so weird.

" oh Nice to meet you" he said

" me too" i told him.

"So we're gonna have a short match. I choose to be with yato on the same team. You play with y/n if she wants to." Benjamin said.

"Sure, but can we borrow some clothes because We'll definitely sweat." Ace said. There's a room where there are extra p.e clothes (they are usually clean), so we just borrowed some.

Everyone went to change their clothes because they were gonna practice, but they wanted us to have our match first. When Isaac threw the ball, Ace was the first to catch it. He then threw it to me. I dribbled it and went to score, but yato tried to take the ball several times till ace was in a position where I can throw him the ball so I did it. We kept on throwing to each other rather ball till ace shot and scored 2 points. Benjamin took the ball and Ace stood in front of him, trying to get it. He couldn't get to go till he had to to push ace aggressively and scored another 2 points.