Chapter 26

Ace's POV

"Weeeeeee!!" Luffy shouted while sliding down on the pile of snow. I prepared a giant snowball and threw it at him. Sabo then came outside, he was looking for his gloves since he didn't want his fingers fall off.

"Where's y/n?"I asked. Right after I asked that, a snowball hit me at the back of my neck. I looked upwards and saw y/n standing on the pile of snow and holding snowballs, ready to throw them on us. She then threw it at luffy and on sabo. We played for a while but then walked around the town. . We also went to a park and saw how it looked like with the decorations.

When we got back, there was a big feast on the dining table. Me, luffy, sabo and y/n were drooling (you don't have to be perfect, and it's okay in this story).

"We invited other relatives to the Christmas dinner. By the way, Garp is coming too."We immediately stopped drooling and gave him the 'are you serious' face, and he started laughing.

"I don't think that he'll stay the night." He said

"I hope he doesn't" luffy told him, and he laughed even more.

"Why do you even have to invite them? They're so annoying" y/n snapped at him. I didn't know who's she talking about.

"Because it's Christmas and they asked me if they can come over. I know that they're annoying but I think it's better if they come over than we go there. Something else, ignore their insults." He said calmly.  I could clearly see how annoyed y/n became.

Timeskip

The four of us and Mr. James were waiting for the rest to come over in the living room. Then, y/n's dad joined us. I was so happy that Y/n was wearing the clothes that I bought her. We then heard the doorbell ring. Mr. James went to open it.

"Hello everyone!" He greeted them.

"Good evening." Everyone greeted him back, then everyone came and sat in the living room. Then, another two families came. We were all in the living room.

"This is the first time we've ever celebrated Christmas at your place. You were always a brat. Finally you've grown up." An old man told y/n's uncle. He awkwardly laughed.

"I guess" he said.

"You've even decorated the house. There are big changes in your life." The woman beside him said. I then understood why y/n hated meeting up with relatives.

"Y/n! Long time no see!" Another old woman went and gave her a hug. Y/n hugged her back, clearly uncomfortable.

"Me too" she said while faking a smile.

"Sweetie, what happened? You're gaining weight. I think it's better if you cut off the sugar from your diet. " I glared at her, just like y/n.

"You clearly should too." Y/n snapped at her, but with a fake smile. Me, sabo and luffy tried our best to keel in our laughs, but couldn't. Y/n's dad heard y/n and tried to stop this by talking to that woman. There's a teenage boy sitting on the side of the room, getting mocked too.

"Why don't we talk to him?" I asked y/n while looking at the boy.

"He's annoying too, even more than his parents. Trust me, if there wasn't any good food, you wouldn't have seen me here." She said. I chuckled. For once, I was grateful that I don't have relatives.

"This is the first time I've been invited to a Christmas party with so much people, other than the bandits, shanks and makino. However, I don't like this type of gatherings" luffy said.

"Same" I agreed with luffy.

The bell rang again and a kid went to open the door. We then heard a laugh, knowing that tonight's gonna be hell for us. We came to y/n's town so that we don't get beaten up, but I guess place doesn't change our destiny.