Capture of Elrond and Elros

Remember, this is my interpretation of the scene. You can have a different opinion and viewpoint, so please do not hate on me for the way I write it. I know many others have wrote this scene before, and I am not trying to copy, only to make my own interpretation and challenge myself. 

Warning: contains mention of gore (nothing too extreme). Also bring your tissues. 

"NO!"

The shout rang out across the room. Two small, dark-haired figures huddled closer under the table, both trembling. They watched the bloody scene unfold with wide, grey eyes. 

Two warriors stood there, in gleaming armor dulled by blood, one with red hair and one with black. The taller, red-headed one extended his hand. 

"Just give us the silmaril. If you don't, we will be forced to take it from you." The warrior sounded almost remorseful, like he didn't want that to happen.

"NO! I will never give it to you!" The twins' mother, a dark haired elf, held the jewel to her heart. 

"Please", the black haired one begged. Infinite sorrow shone in his eyes. "Just give it to us. Please." His voice cracked. 

"No!" Elwing shouted one last time, before tipping backwards, free-falling from the open window. 

Elros and the red-haired elf let out a cry at the same time. Elrond clapped a hand over his brother's mouth. Thankfully, neither of the elves heard him. They were too busy looking at the open window, where a white bird soared into the sky, wearing a silmaril set in a necklace. 

Both twins shrunk backwards as the redhead banged his fist on the railing. The black haired elf touched him gently on the shoulder, murmuring a few words. They both turned away, and four pairs of eyes widened in shock. The red-haired warrior picked up his sword and pointed it at the two trembling elflings. 

"SHOW YOURSELVES!" He roared, sword still pointed at them. 

Elros picked up a fallen dagger and jumped out from under the desk, jumping at the tall warrior. 

"Ros! No!" Elrond ran out after his brother. 

The redhead batted away the dagger with ease, before pointing his sword at both of them. 

"Who are you, and why are you here?" He asked accusingly, teal eyes hard and narrowed. 

"Nelyo, those are Elwing's sons." The other one came up behind, and knelt down. His face looked softer, more kind. 

"What are your names?" He asked in a gentle tone. 

"I'm Elros, and this is El-" Elros was cut short by a sharp jab in the ribs. 

"Shush!" said Elrond. 

The redheaded one did not look amused, but the black haired one smiled. "I'm Maglor, and this is Maedhros." 

Maedhros kept his sword pointed. "Give me one reason not to kill these two right now."

"Because we're cute! And we don't wanna dieeeee!!!" Elros wailed, suddenly afraid. He ran away from Maedhros straight into Maglor's arms. 

"Ros!" Elrond shouted, running towards his brother. "Shush!"

Elros paid him no heed. "Maggie, we don't wanna dieeeee! I wanna live! I'm too young to die!" He buried his face in Maglor's arms. 

Maglor shot his brother a glare and patted Elros on the back. "We are NOT killing these two. Can't you see? They're harmless!"

Maedhros lowered his sword. "Fine. You keep them."

Elros tugged on Maglor's sleeve. "Why he so grumpy?"

"Ros! That not nice." Elrond said, tugging his brother's arm. 

Maedhros hid his smile behind his fist. Maglor raised an eyebrow at him, like see? How could you kill these cute little elflings? 

"Fine. Have it your way. I won't kill you", he added for Elros's sake. 

"Where you gonna take us now?" asked Elrond. 

"Back to our home." Replied Maglor. "Come on." He picked up Elrond, and gestured at Maedhros to take Elros. Elros looked at him suspiciously. 

"I don't bite." Maedhros pointed out. He picked up the still sceptical twin with skill and ease. 

"So you going to be my mother until she comes back?" Elros looked up at the redhead, not quite comprehending the situation. He didn't understand why Maedhros had tears in his eyes. 

"Yes. I suppose Maglor and I will have to raise you for now."

The green eyes, filled with sadness, looked away.