The Bank

M'gann gave herself one more glance in her compact mirror before heading into the bank. 
Right now, she was a glamorous middle-aged business woman named Abigale Boyland. Of course, the real Abigale Boyland was already detained in custody, they were just here for whatever she left in the bank's lock box.

That was it, simple mission. There was a small tube of very concentrated sample of a new, Tuberculosis-based virus in that lockbox, and the league needed it in a hydrogen-freezer and returned Star labs before it got into the wrong hands.

As she strode through the external doors, bulletproof glass, nice touch. She glanced at Conner and Artemis, who were pretending to struggle over an ATM. They nodded to each other slightly as she passed. The team had left their costumes in the bioship for this one, they had to look inconspicuous. So aside from M'gann's shapeshifting, they were all in dark, non descript civvies and sunglasses.

She passed through the internal glass doors to the main building. It was a small bank, two tellers and a vaguely creepy middle-aged security guard. M'gann gave a polite smile as she passed, praying he wouldn't catcall her. They couldn't afford to blow their cover over this early.

Inside the bank, she spotted the other three, Wally and robin were lazily draped over the waiting room chairs where that little kiddie table is, playing with a magnetic map. Robin looked up and gave her a thumbs up. 

Kaldur was speaking with a bank teller, making a withdrawal. Batman had given them information and two bank cards to untraceable offshore accounts, both with a million dollars, in case they needed cover. No one was going to ask how he did this, he just did. He was Batman.

The bank wasn't busy, which was good. No one in a small town bank in Massachusetts was likely to recognize them. She rehearsed her lines internally as she approached a teller,He was in his fifties it looked like, and had a crowd of collectables scattered around his desk. M'gann greeted him, trying to act casual, despite how nervous as she was.

"Hello, My name is Abigale Boyland, I need to pick something up from lock box number 457348." She watched the teller (there were only two in the whole bank), type out the number.

"Boyland?"

"Yes." M'gann waited anxiously. "I like your toys..." She gently tapped a duo of miniature bobble heads, sending them shuddering. M'gann realized that was a liitle off base and pulled herself back.

Yes, only a matrian could shapeshift into Abigale Boyland, but she wished that the Justice League had at least gotten someone who was socialized on earth.  M'gann would sometimes just slip into 70's sitcom talk without realizing. Artemis and Zatanna had a whole inside joke that the was going to slip up one day and call the league 'Cool Cats' or something corny like that.

"Pen and Teller, two of the greats." The man, Daniel, according to his nametag, smiled. "Do you have a card Ms. Boyland?" M'gann pushed the card across the table, staring at the teller to judge if she'd done anything wrong."Do you have your key?"

"Yes." M'gann tried to talk like an adult, it's really hard when you're trying.

"Alright, Dolores will take you down there right away. Dolly?"

"Sure think Daniel." Dolly, a woman in her thirties in a loose-ish cardigan waved m'gann over and lead the way out.

M'gann nodded and followed the woman down the hall, past the washrooms, and down two flights of stairs. She tapped open the code to the grate door and let M'gann in. "That one." M'gann pointed to the box after a few seconds of searching.

"Alright, I should get back up there to help Danny, just close the grate when you're done, it'll lock itself."

"Thank you." M'gann watched her, listening to the footsteps upstairs, until she knew that the woman was gone. Immediately, the martian pulled a small silver key out of her shoe, and reached up to slide it into the lock. She yanked the drawer open and- nothing.

Nothing.

The drawer was empty.

She double and triple checked the number, she tried the key to make sure it only fit that drawer. Then the dread set in. Someone had stolen their evidence.

Upstairs, Dick and Wally were mindlessly lolling by the kiddie table. Wally was colouring in a bunny rabbit with pink and yellow crayons, and Dick was trying to see how high a building block tower he could build. They could hear Artemis and Conner loudly arguing about a joint account balance through the glass door. Boy, those two could shout.

Dick nudged Wally and passed him a note. The redhead opened the paper and read it. 'Who has stronger lungs? Boy of steal or Artemis on a bad day?'  Wally snorted, wrote something, and subtly passed the note back: 'Supey could only dream'. Dick smirked and began scribbling a response.

They all started as a voice came over the mindlink. 'Team? We have an Emergency!'

'What's wrong, Miss Martian?'  Kaldur quickly replied.

'Our virus isn't in the lockbox!' M'gann reported, sounding panicked. 'It's been stolen!'

'We've been scanning the block all morning.'  Conner shot back. 'The sensors haven't gone off.'

'Which means whoever stole it is still in the building!' Robin relized, sitting upright. Conner and Artemis strode through the interior doors into the main building, looking around at  them.

'we need to search the building'  Kaldur told them. 'if the seal on that sample cracks everyone in the bank will be dead in an hour.'

'But anyone could have it!' M'gann exclaimed. 'If it was stolen, anyone in the building could have it!'

'and if I remember my chemistry, keeping that thing in a pressure-sealed vile in your pocket pocket, body warmth will heat the sample to combustion!'  Conner said, eyes widening. 

"What does that mean?" M'gann asked, worriedly.

"Basically, if it's out of it's cooler too long, the glass with explode outwards and release the chemical."

"We need to quarantine everyone in here for searching." Robin told them.

'But how do we Quarantine a bank? How do we keep ten civilians from leaving a public building?' Wally ordered.

There was a pause. Artemis sighed, finally speaking aloud "You're going to thank me for this."

Wally frowned. "What do you-" 

Artemis strode forwards, clipping open the creepy security guard's holster. Flipping off the safely, she aimed the gun into the ceiling, firing several shots into the roof. 

"EVERYONE ON THE GROUND! THIS IS A HOLD UP!"