This Climax Enough for ya, Rob?

"In here." Artemis winced as the gun's barrel was shoved into her back. She bookended her team as they were marched into the office lounge.

"Now stay. I think the bank robbers are about to release their two last hostages. And as a final farewell." He shook the tiny vile out of his palm,onto the floor.

"Farewell." Mateo softly kicked the tube across the floor at them. He snapped the door shut, lockin it, and the two booked it to the door.

"Welp." Wally croaked. "When I said Chemistry would be the end of me, I didn't mean it so literally."

"Cool it, Drama queen." Artemis growled.

"We're doomed, Artemis." Wally shouted. "We're going to die, and then everyone in a five mile radius is going to die!"

"It's a LOCKED DOOR." Artemis annunciated. "WE HAVE HIM!" She gestured at Conner. "Can you?" Conner strode over and easily kicked the door off it's hinges. 

M'gann smacked the side of her head, saving them the 'Hello megan'. "Let's freeze it!"

"So? It's going to snap, even if we get it in."

"SHUT UP!" The blonde shouted. "I NEED TO THINK!" 

"You're not even team leader!"

"SHHH!" Artemis squeezed her eyes shut, hands pressed over her ears. Wally was right, that theing would snap open in only a minute or so if they didn't chill it rapidly. 

"Could we make the room air tight?" Conner asked. "We could contain it after it breaks."

"We can't quarantine a bank, Supes!" Wally shouted. "And last time we tried to, Artemis got us Here!"

Artemis loosened the grip around her ears, an idea coming to her. Sure, it was a stupid, dangerous idea, but what was the alternative. 

"SUPERBOY! GENIUS!" The blonde sprinted out the door. "Aqualad! Get that thing in water! Robin, where's your belt?"

"The office!" Dick shouted. "What-"

"Don't." Artemis ordered. "Ms. M?"

"Yeah." Shaking a little, the martian levitated the pill-like vile off the floor. She struggled to focus, sweat beginning to claim her brow. "Artemis?" She called frantically. "Where do I put it?"

"The sink, or a container or something!" Artemis shouted from the nest room. "And get in in water!"

Kaldur crossed behind M'gann and grabbed an electric kettle, questioningly. Wally gave his a shove. "WATER."

The team's leader forced waterfrom the sink across the room, filling the kettle half way. Artemis sprinted back in, clutching her teammate's belt. She looked them over. "Well put it in!" 

M'gann dropped the vile into the water, watching it sway and settle at the bottom.

"What's you're plan here? Water isn't exactly going to chill in to freezing-point in a minute?" Wally ordered.

"ROBIN! Which of these has those freeze-pill-thingys?" Artemis called, ignoring the redhead.

"That one! I think?" Robin pointed to the second left-hand pocket. Artemis pried it open and emptied its contents into her hand. She sprinted to M'gann and Kaldur's side, dropping the pills into the kettle.

She took a step back, holding in a breath, waiting. 

The water rippled a little, but didn't freeze.

"What?" Wally asked. "Rob?"

Robin, who had seized up in shock, choked out a few words. "Wrong pocket."

Artemis felt the blood drain from her face. "Well which one is it?" She tore open pocket after pocket of her friend's belt, dropping assorted oblong pills into her palm. "Robin! Which one?!"

"GUYS?" M'gann's voice trembled. "IT'S LEAKING!" Artemis whipped around, heart forgetting to beat. 

It was as she'd dreaded: a thin stream of bubbles was rising to the surface from the pressure-filled vile.

"Uh Oh." She croaked.

"Uh oh?"

Artemis dry swallowed hard, squinting her eyes shut. "Sorry, guys." 

She blindly emptied her fistfull pills into the kettle.