Getting on Track

"What do we do?" Conner asked.

"Oh- I DON'T KNOW!" Artemis screamed. "What do we do? What CAN we do?" She buried her face in her hand. "We're too deep..."

Kaldur squatted down by the blonde. "Are you alright?"

"No. Nothings alright." She groaned. "None of them even have the thing! What are we supposed to do?"

"We'll have to let some hostages go." Kaldur said firmly

Artemis shook a little, but nodded. "Yeah."

Above her, the phone rang. "I believe that's for you." Kaldur said, helping her to her feet.

Artemis took several deep breaths and took the phone off the hook. "WHAT? Calling to shoot more hostages?"

"We've got your released hostage." Diggs said.

"Well she's alright, isn't she?" Artemis tried to keep the worry from her voice. "Or did you shoot the pregnant lady too?"

"She's fine. But we need you to release more hostages."

"WE'RE WORKING ON IT! Don't move it, cause we have guns. AND KNIVES!" She hung up. They didn't have knives. 

Conner, as the barer of the other gun, escorted the injured hostage across the lobby, helping him sit in a waiting room chair. "What are you guys doing? You're supposed to be band robbers?" One of the hostages, an older man, offered. You just saved that Davey's life, and your ring leader took out fingerprints! Just take the money! What are you doing?" 

Conner looked at him, as if to respond, but turned away. "We're free to help again. What do you need."

Artemis took a breath. She looked at Kaldur, who gave her a nod of encouragement. "OKAY! Which of you is better with technology?" Both Conner and Wally's hands shot up. "Great. Red, we need to help Rob, once we have retnal-thing, we can locate where it is in the bank." She squared her shoulders, grabbing a cell phone and tossing it to Wally. "You," She pointed at Conner. "Freezer in the breakroom. Find a way to cool the air."

"How are we going to get away?" M'gann asked. "After this?

Artemis blinked up. "Can you call the bioship from here?"

M'gann closed her eyes and tried to focus against the chaos. "N- No, its too far away." She muttered.

"But M'gann." Artemis said quietly. "Christine- Whatever! You. Can. Camouflage."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes! Bless Blondie!" Dick grinned as  Wally got to the office. "KF, I need your help." Be slid a parcially dismantled bill scanner at him. "Reflects UV light. Help me with this one."

"So what's your plan?" Wally asked, looking over Robin's assembled supplies.

"We'll, I open this badboy up..." Dick took the phone from him. He cracked the back a little and toyed around until h got access. a large red notification lit up the corner of the screen. Curious, Robin  tapped it. What looked like old blueprints of the city block lit up the screen. Robin zoomed into the bank, where a littlered target was blinking. 

Dick followed the signal into the hall and into the lobby. The map lead him to the source of the tracking signal. Dick carefully picked up the bag, slowly pulling it back to the office for inspection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure?" M'gan hovered at the back window. 

"Sure." Artemis replied. 

"Just remember to be careful, camouflage is not invisibility." Kaldur reminded.

M'gann nodded anxiously. "What about when I get out of range? What is I need to contact you?"

Artemis sprinted back to the foyer and grabbed one of the stolen phones. She ran into where the boys were working. "Can you get this open?" She tossed the thing at Robin.

"Uh... Yeah." Robin pried off the back and toyed around a little with a pair of nail clippers he'd fashioned into tweezers. "Here."

Artemis caught it and ran to M'gann. "We'll call you if anything happens."

"And you'll return the phone?" The martian asked.

"Eventually."

M'gann nodded, now more assured. "Alright, I'll call you when I have the ship." She stepped out the window, immediately camouflaging as the building was nearly surrounded. 

Right as she flew off, Kaldur and Artemis turned to each other. "Well, the boys are working, M'gann's getting the bioship,  and..."

"...Who's watching the hostages." Kaldur finished her sentence.

The two locked eyes, turned, and sprinted towards the lobby.