A False Positive or a Weak Negative

"Go for it." Wally forced his eye wide open.

Dick held their newly configured scanner over his eye. They stayed in that position for about fifteen seconds. "Thank you, mon petite Sourie de Laboratoire." Dick pulled ended the scan, watching the screen.

"Oh Geez that was bright!" Wally pressed his hands over his eye. "Also, was that french?"

Conner watched over the youngest's shoulder as a series of binary code streamed across the screen. "Clear." Conner read aloud, about four seconds before the screen lit green to confirm it.

"Good, cause It'd be weird if I was the thief." Wally said, standing up. His eyes struggling to adust to the dark room.

"Kid, get out first hostage. We need to run a few trials." Dick ordered. Even with our super cool- Thanks by the way, SB, if someone has the vile on them, the Beryllium will be warming slightly, and thepressure in the vile will be going crazy."

"Time?" Wally asked.

"Three pm." Conner replied. "Exactly."

Wally ducked his head out of the room to check the thermostat. He did a little mental math. "At this rate was have between twelve and twenty-four minutes until  that vile blows and gives us all TB."

"That might be just enough time to find our perp." Robin replied. 

"Think we convince them to freeze the sample, for the sake of their own life?" Wally asked.

"Not sure. This operation looks bigger than just them. There's a chance their loyalty to the boss outweighs their common sense." Robin sighed.

"Like Kobra Cultists." Conner said. "brainwashed into thinking their job is more important than their lives."

"Bless America." Robin muttered. "Kid, get our first!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis leaned against the wall, excpeting a phone call. The call would either be from The feds, M'gann, Oliver, or even worse, her mother. 

"Excuse me." One of the hostages, the young guy who'd clothes-lined her, was crawling across in her diection, standing up slowly. 

"Yeah, what?" Artemis tried to sound tough. She really didn't feel it after all that.

"Please, Evelyn- The old woman, she's a friend of my grand mother. She's freezing, said somehing about her heart..." He pleaded. "I heard you say that you were going to let some hostages out. Please let her out first."

Artemis bit her tongue. She didn't want to hurt an old lady, but as a teenage crimefighter, she knew better that to trust someone because they seemed incapible of harm. "I'll think about it." She said.

"Well, can you at least turn down the Air Conditioing?"He asked.

Artemis shook her head. "Sorry."

The man glared angrily up at her. "Why not? You guys have been acting crazy! Taking hostages when there weren't any cops yet, not stealing any money..."

Artemis shushed him. "A- Jackson!" She called. "Help mister..." She glanced back down at the character sheet they'd assembled: Slightly messy thumb prints from each person, their names(Which she got from searching their wallets), and that nicknames she'd come up with to remember each one. "Mister Sanders back to his seat."

 Kaldur stepped forwards, not very threateningly, but the man started back towaards his chair. "Alright, I get it." He grumbled.

Artemis huffed, why did it take so much to make people fear teenagers? Especially teenage girls? She looked back down at her sheet and found the nickname 'Jean Jacket', which had been scribbled out and replaced with 'hurt'. The man's name was Henry Davenport (She heard Sanders call him "Davey" Earlier). 

"Davey!" She called. "Henry Davenport!" The man shifted a little, grunting. "Stay awake!" She ordered. "You're woozy from lack of blood."

"Why are you trying to help-" He asked faintly.

"I'd rather go down for Grand Larceny than murder."

"More like sub-par Larceny!" Wally rounded the corner quickly. "We're all set up in the dark room, so let's hustle! The extra cooling might buy us an extra ten minutes, but..."

The redhead was cut off by a heavy groan, like the stomach of a giant beast falling a sleep. The was a clicking sound, and then it stopped. The lights were out, the feeling of chilly air on their skin faded.

"They cut the power." Aremis said, her mouth going dry.

Wally looked across at her. "That gives us anywhere between one minute, and forteen minutes..." Wally said, going completely pale.

"SO? Get to it, Speedy!" Artemis ordered, she herself was starting to feel sick to her stomach. At any moment, a hyper contagious sample of Toburculosis-H would be released into the air. They would all die. The team, the Hostages, and then when the FBI came in through the roof and opened the pathogen out to the worlds... 

Wally seemed to be thinking the same thing "YOU, YOU, AND YOU!" He pointed at Sanders, the viciously-fighting woman, and the greasy security gaurd. "With me!"

"What are you going to do with us?" The woman asked. Acording to the sheet, her name was Sandhra Higgins.

"Don't worry." Wally said.

"Wait, Marco." The Male bank teller stood, helping the creepy gaurd to his feet. "I'm greatful for the work you've done here." He put a supporting arm around the creepy gaurd's lower back.

"I won't shoot me. But it's been an honor working here, Dan."

"Cut the mushy stuff. And get up! we're on a time limit!" Wally called. He hauled Sanders up and escorted the three of them towards one of the bathrooms. Artemis and Kaldur were left alone with Evelyn, the old lady, Davey, the injured one, The male bank teller Dan, and two of the older guys who she'd brawled with earlier, apparently named Robert, Daryl, and Frederick.

Artemis reviewed her sheet, trying to take her mind of the fact that she could be currently inhaling a virus. She prayed that it had not been released yet. According to her sheet, she and Kaldur had been attacked by Rob, Drayl, Fred, Sanders, and Sandhra, while the remaining four didn't engage.

Some security guard, she thought. It made sense why the old lady and man who'd just been shot we're trying to revolt, but not even the people who worked there? Pathetic.

She looked down, realizing how ironic it was for her to call them pathetic. She'd held up a bank on the drop of a dime, kept forcing her team to work on homemaking a medical contraption even when it seemed that no one had the itm they were looking for, and had serveral near-breakdowns in front of their hostages.
She never wanted to lead a mission again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Clear." Conner called as soon as the binary code appeared. The screen lit up green and Wally shifted the scanner over to the woman. 

"Eyes wide open. Don't blink." 

"Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"Trust us. Do this thing and you won't get hurt, I promise." Robin told her, gaurding the door to make sure no one let any light n while they were scanning.

"Clear." Conner said as the screen lit up green. 

"Stay still." Wally told the creepy guard, putting the thing in front of his eye. They waited for a result. Binary code filled the screen, but it did not light up green. However, it didn't light up red either. "What happened?" Wally asked. "Great, we have to redo it, I think he blinked."

"He didn't." Conner said, reading the code. "It says he's indeterminate. Not as much for a positive result, but not average enough to be a negative."

"So... a maybe?" Robin asked.

"Put him in the staff room for now." Wally said. "We'll check the next few." He  headed back to the lobby.

"Alright. To the holding cell." Robin pulled the man off the floor, and towards the staff lounge.