Epilogue Part One: WE ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE

For most of the flight back to mountain, no one spoke much. Hey just coughed occasionally and all (Especially Kaldur) would down the spare waterbottles in the back, complaining of a sore throat.

Conner finally said what the others had been secretly wondering. "How much Of that virus do you think we inhaled?"

No one replied, no one wanted to think of it. Kaldur got another water bottle. Frankly, he was finding it harder to inhale by the second. It like he was drowning in the congested air. 

"Probably too much." Wally rasped. He started a little, not expecting his voice to rattle like that.

Artemis nodded, not answering from discomfort. "Is it bad?" Conner asked, he barely felt it. It was more like the start of a cold would feel like to a human, just a slight rawness. Artemis nodded again, in pain

Robin coughed into his arm. "I'd offer painkillers, but They're frozen at the bottom of that kettle with my asprin, knockout drops and tracking beacons." He broke out coughing. "And my emergency perscriptions, and my water filtration tabs..."

"All your pills look the same!" Artemis snapped, her voice a little gurtteral.

"Well, they're pills." He replied. "Except my tracking beacons, those are just small."

"You're just small." She grumbled.

After a few minutes, Robin spoke again. "The leagues gonna be so mad."

"We saved the bank." M'gann said. The symptoms weren't hittingher like Kaldur, but she wasn't exactly right as rain.

"Yeah, but now the sample is broken and contaminated, we can't give it to Star labs, 'nd." He had another short coughing fit. "Someone got shot, we tore a wall off of a bank..."

"We literally got Teburculosis..." Wally added.

"We contracted TB, and now the cops on the scene might too..." Tobin let out a raspy sigh and a few more coughs. He showed his phone around the circle (Bruce payed for an unlimited Data plan, bless him). "plus we made national news."

The team, besides M'gann, who was steering, and Kaldur, who was trying to stay alive, squinted at his phone screen. Twelve minutes ago, The Daily Planet put out their own update on events, using fresh testimonies from the six newly released hostages.

"Hey, Superboy," Artemis croaks. "This reporter has the same last name as you!"

"Yep." Wally groaned, his throat on fire. "We're in SO much trouble..."

 "Worst, our friends Daniel and Mateo..." Artemis choaked. "Away. Scott free."

"They'll be gone without a trace by the time we're back." Robin complained, rubbing his throat painfully.

"Like a magic show." M'gann sighed.

"OH-" Wally started up, only to collapse back coughing. "I forgot, cause Arty started yelling at me for no reason-"

Artemis glared at him. "You have TB and you're wasting your breath on this?"

"You too!"

"What did you do, Wally?" M'gann asked.

The redhead puffed his chest a little, trying to hold in his eleventh cough of the minute. "While I was getting my 'dumb souvenire'..." He pulled a crumbled wap of paper from his pocket. "Boom." He tossed it at Artemis. She ducked, and Conner grabbed it off the floor.

"This is the sheet we put everyone's names on."

"Nice one, KF, but-" Dick coughed into his fist. "Fake names."

"Fingerprints!" Wally vollyed back.

Conner looked over the page. Folding it, he tore out the profiles of their two competoters. "Show the league."

"Duh!" The redhead replied as they glided over Happy Harbour. "Prepare yourselves, guys. This might be the most dangerous part of our mission..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least half the League was awaiting them at the edge of the docking bay, they already looked furious as the team staggered off the bioship, shaking and coughing.  

The team new they weren't looking too good: They were coughing like crazy, Aqualad had a reperator mask clamped over his face, Wally was toying nervously with a device made of office supplies, and  Conner was gripping an electric kettle.

They aproached anxiously, wanting to run as the League glares them down. At an acceptable distence, they stopped, already wincing at what was about to be thrown at them.

Black Canary let out a long, angry, disapointed sigh. That was always a sign that they were in trouble.

"A bank?" They flinched in unison. "You held up a bank?!" They stood frozen, huddled in a group, as Black Canary tore into them. "This mission was supposed to be a simple pickup. You were not supposed to engage! and draw as little attention to yourselves as possible!"

What could they say? 'in our defence, we have teburculosis now' ? 'at least we only got one person shot, and made national news' ?

Their den mother was almost about to go into the 'Do you realize how worried we were about you??!?'  speach, when someone realized that Kaldur was essensially in the iron lung.

"Aqualad-" His mentor hurried forewards.

All six teens threw their hands out, shouting protests. "SIX FEET MAN!" Wally croaked.

"Whoa- okay. What's going on?" Flash ordered

"Uh, long story." Wally muttered. |We noticed the sample was missing, so we had to..."

"The vile broke." Conner said. 

Shocked, most of the League took a step or two back. Artemis waved her hands to reassure them. "No- no! We froze the broken vile in a block of ice! Superboy?"

Conner popped thetop of the kettleso they could see the steadily melting consents. "It's already cracked, so don't let it melt." Dick put up his hand to interject, but broke into a coughing fit. "there are other things in there too, because Artemis emptied Robin's belt into it."

"Oh I'm supposed to know what his freezing pills look like?" She spat.

Red Tornado, as one leaguer who definitively could not catch TB, approached and took the kettle.

"How did the Vile break?" Batman ordered.

"It will take so long to explain..." Wally sighed. 

"Well are you all alright?" Green Arrow ordered.

Artemis glared at her mentor. "No. I have teburculosis." She spoke as clearly as she could. She was in a bad mood. "and It tastes like unsanitized luge surgery."

"Can we please get Aqualad somewhere he can breath?" M'gann interupted, helping to hold her team leader upright.