Chapter 24: To Live For

This chapter comes from Draco's point of view, enjoy!

Draco POV:

I had been gone less than a day and the fear of turning corners and being murdered had finally disappeared. Given my ministry supplied protector the slipped and disaperated to London. I knew it was stupid, but I wasn't going to put anyone else in danger, they could be keep their lives. Mine wasn't worth anything, not with a death warrant on my head. The small house was still intact from when I had last seen it. Snape may have pretended to hate me but to leave me this place was a blessing. I thanked his soul as I slipped in. It was quiet. No sign of my father, he didn't know, at least I hope he didn't. Once I was confident that everything was intact, I sat in the large green armchair in the sitting room. My heart hurt, it ached. I was missing a part of me. But she was happy. Harry said so. He said she had started to smile, to live. They thought she was okay. I was sick of hiding in a backwards hotel in the middle of nowhere where I had been for months. If they thought she was okay then I was okay with whatever the world had ready for me, whatever was before me I could face knowing that she was okay. I closed my eyes to think of the last morning we spent together....

"you're staring" she said, I was staring. I had been since she had begun reading. the way her face lit up at what the pages contained.

"I know" I was slouched across the bed trying to levitate the pile of books she left beside the door, but she kept distracting me.

"why?" she mused with a mischievous smile across her face, she didn't look up from the book. I snatched the book from her hands "hey!"

"come get it then" I teased, holding it up in the air.

"you are such a child" she laughed reached for me, I put it higher "Draco"

"you want it come get it" I laughed using my wand it send it up into the air.

"seriously!" she groaned, she jumped for her wand. I grabbed her by the waist tickling her. "Draco!" she wailed as I landed her back on the bed. Her beautiful brown eyes sparkling with laughter.

"hello there" I said, she rolled her eyes.

"can I have my book back now?" she was just looking my lips.

"I think I've a better idea" I teased.

A sound came from the entrance hall, I was shook from my happy memories. The letter box. I brandished my wand in front of me. A letter laid on the floor, I didn't recognise the handwriting. It wasn't explosive, or deadly. Just parchment. From a person I never thought I'd ever receive a letter from.