Chapter Seventeen: I Quit

This is my first fan fic.. So please, tell me what you think.. :) I would really appreciate it. :) Thanks :) <3

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that this is copyrighted. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Previously

"Harry, the only reason we allowed you to date Taylor is because it is good publicity. That girl your with isn't. You can either end it with her and get back with Taylor, or I will fire you. Its your choice, Harry." he stated.

How could he do this to me? Its my life. Why can't I live it the way I want and with who I want?

"Harry? So what is it?" he asked. I love Paige, but I love my job as well. I know what I have to do.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Seventeen: I Quit

Harry's P.O.V.

When I finally walked in, guilt hit me. She looked so happy. I can't believe I'm about to do this. Deep breath, Harry, deep breath.

"What's wrong?" she asked. I was silent for a minute before I finally spoke.

"Simon found out that the boys came over.. and that umm.. I called Taylor... He's not mad that the boys came over.. but.. he's umm.. he's.. he told me that if I didn't get back with her, he'd umm... he'd fire me..." I said, looking at the ground. "He's said that it is good for publicity... I'm sorry."

"Its okay, Harry. I understand.." she replied. Her voice was cracking, I knew that she was starting to cry and I just couldn't have that, now could I?

"I'm sorry, I had to do what is right." I said.

"Its okay, Harry, really." She said as she started towards the bedroom.

"So, I quit the band."

Paige's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, I had to do what is right." he said. Tears were forming and threatening to fall.

"Its okay, Harry, really." I said as I made my way to the bedroom.

"So, I quit the band." I walked back into the living room.

"What?" I asked, making sure that I heard him correctly.

"I quit the band. I told Simon that if I had to choose between you and fame, I'd choose you. I love you too much to let anything get in between us. I love you." he said as he walked closer to me.

"Go tell him you changed your mind." I love him, I really do, but I don't want him to quit living his dream. I didn't want to be the reason One Direction lost Harry.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Go tell Simon that you changed your mi-"

"Why?! I thought that you loved me! I thought that you wanted us to be together!" he yelled.

"Well, you thought wrong!" I yelled, leaving him alone in the room as I ran to pack my things. That's it. Everything is over. I wasn't even there for a week, and I had fallen in love and ripped his heart out, stopped on it and threw it away. Whatever we had was over.

Harry's P.O.V.

"Well, you thought wrong!" those words echoed through my brain. She didn't love me. She didn't want to be with me. I picked up my phone, the boys left it for me, and called Simon.