Bella's Life

We were still laying on the floor of the hospital room. I heard a little whine. It sounded like Bella. I got up and looked at the little bed she was in. She was moving. She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Momma."

"OH MY GOD SHES AWAKE! JUSTIN COME HERE!"

Justin got up right away and looked at her with tears in his eyes.

"Bella! Oh my god your awake!"

Bella was very scratched up and looked like she had taken a beating. But still she was as beautiful as always. I picked her up and she smiled at me.

"Dadda."

"Ashley she said dadda."

"I know she said momma this morning."

A nurse walked in shocked, dropped to the floor, and started crying too.

"What happened?" I was confused.

"She was not breathing last night. This morning she was to be dead. She's alive and it's a miracle."

The nurse came up and hugged me.

"I know exactly how you feel to be a teenage mom and lose your baby. I didn't want you to have to go through that. I made sure to do everything I could to keep Bella alive. And here she is." The nurse was crying.

"I could never thank you enough... What is your name?"

"Angelina Leng." She cried even harder.

"It's okay, we really thank you but you don't need to keep crying. You did all you could to help and you did help a lot."

"You don't understand Ashley."

"How did you know my name without me telling you?"

"Ashley I'm your mother. Not your adoptive mother, your birth mother."

What adoptive mother? I was adopted. Oh my god.. I was adopted three times! Holy shit.

"What?"

"That other family was not your birth family and you should have never been with them but I was 16 and had to give you away. My mom would not let me keep you so I set you up for adoption."

"I never knew about this. My parents never told me anything. This is great. My parents were so abusive.. I'm glad they were not my real parents."

"Im sorry sweetness. I should have never gave you up. I have to go back to work but I'm so glad I got to meet you."

"You too."

She left..... MOM! Oh god is she okay?!

"Justin we have to go see my mom."

"You go I will stay with Bella. Tell me how she is doing."

I ran out and down to hall to her room. She was laying there asleep. My dad was sitting next to her holding her hand.

"Ashley... Please say goodbye to your mom. She was supposed to be alive but she is doing worse. She is dying tonight."

"Oh my god. She was okay. What happened?"

"She's not breathing."

I walked up to Mom and held her. She woke up and looked at me.

"Hi Ashley. I know I'm dying. I love you so much. Just because we have only known each other for a little over a year don't ever think I didn't love you like my own. You are so special. Don't forget about me, and don't let Bella forget about me. I love you so much. I will always be with you in spirit. If you need me pray to me I will hold you and help you through your trials. I love you."

"Mom I want you to stay. I love you so much. Don't worry your never going to be forgotten. I love you Mommy."

I laid next to her and cried. I was the one who heard her last breath. And that is a sound I could never forget.