The Day After

He is gone. He left me. Why would he do that. I can't keep thinking about him. This is about my baby now. I can't keep thinking about that asshole. I have more important things than him. Like my ultrasound today.

"Ashley are you ready?" Derek called up the stairs.

Derek is taking me to my ultrasound.

"Yeah I'm coming down."

I walked down the stairs and into the car. It gets harder to walk everyday. I buckled up in the front seat and we left. When we got to the doctors office I sat down and waited. I hate waiting. I just keep feeling my stomach. I love feeling the baby move. It makes me feel less alone.

"Ashley McClaren?" A nurse called to the waiting room.

I got up and started walking. Slowly but surely. I always notice people staring at me. I'm used to it. I got in the room and laid on the chair. Doctor James came in right away this time. Yay no waiting.

"Hello Ashley. How are you today?"

"I'm doing okay."

"That's good. Now what we are going to do is I am going to put this gel on your stomach just to help the machine see what is inside."

"Okay."

He grabbed the gel and started squeezing it on my stomach. Its cold. He then puts this hand held machine on my stomach and moves it around looking for the heart beat and the picture.

"Ah there's the baby. Now I'm going to try and get a clear picture for you to keep for yourself."

"Thank you.. And actually can you get two pictures?"

"Of course."

I want to at least give a picture to Justin.

"Are you ready to hear what the gender is?"

Oh my god. Its time.

"Yes please tell me."

"Its a girl!!"

I'm having a girl. I started crying. Tears of joy. I'm so happy. A girl! I was hoping a girl.

"Oh my god." I can't stop smiling.

"Yep and here are your two pictures."

"Thank you so much."

I got off the table and walked with Derek out of the room.

"So a girl!" Derek sounded pretty happy.

"Yes I can't believe it. I'm so happy."

We walked back into the lobby and who did I see. Justin. What is he doing here. I don't want to see him.

"Ashley...."

"What the hell do you want?" Im kinda pissed.

"I need to talk to you."

"Then follow me home because I am not talking to you here... Oh and by the way here's your picture." I threw the picture at him.

"A girl?!" He seemed pretty happy.

"Yes now go."

I got into my car while he got in his.

"I cant wait to hear what he has to say.. You do know that Matt is gonna be all over him if he shows up at our house." Derek said.

"I know but I want to hear what he has to say."

We got home and I waited for Justin's car to pull up. When it did and he got out I walked up to the doorway.

"Meet me in my room."

"Okay."

I walked upstairs. Ugh I hate stairs right now. Its like climbing a mountain. When I got to my room I sat down and waited for Justin to come in. He did. And he sat down in front of me on my bed.

"Go ahead. Say what you have to say."

"Ashley.. I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday. I was being completely selfish and I wasn't even thinking about her. I was thinking about me and how hard it will be for me. I wasn't thinking about you either. I mean you still have 3 years of highschool left and now you will have to be taking care of a baby too. I barely got through my first three years of highschool. I really hope you forgive me. I thought about what you said and I couldn't sleep last night just thinking of what a dick I was being. I love you so much. And I will love her the same way."

"I love you too. You hurt me. Really bad. I wanted you to know that it wasn't fair to her or me. I'm glad you see it."

He kissed me.

"So a girl? We should think of names."

"I think we should wait to meet her before names. If we see her face we may be able to see what her name should be, instead of guessing."

"True."

"I'm so tired. I can't believe how much work it is to be pregnant."

"Yeah I know right it sucks." He did his smirk and laughed.

"Oh shut up you have no idea." I laughed and hit his stomach.

I laid down just because my back hurts when I sit up too much. He laid down next to me.

"Just think if we never met at that party. What would it be like right now?"

"Well I wouldn't be pregnant that's for sure." I laughed.

He started laughing.

"What do you think we will be doing in the future? I picture us married."

"Married? Really?"

"Yeah. I will never leave you. I can't. I'm stuck with you."

"Oh your stuck with me?"

"Yupp you have taken my heart. I love you so much. I have loved you since I saw you across the room at that party. I will love you until the day I die. You are mine."

I kissed him. We stopped talking and laid there for a while. I love him so much. We both fell asleep. His arm around me. My arm on my stomach. Its my family.