9

"How's your mom?" your best friend asked you while walking.

You sighed. "She'll be fine."

"I bet she will," she clung on your arm. "You have to be strong. Tell me if you need my help."

"Thank you."

"I know this is invading your privacy but  you're my friend so... Is it okay to ask where your father is?"

"The first man who broke my heart?"

"I mean you don't have to... If you don't want-"

"That jerk left us when I was three. I don't even want to remember him."

"I-is he still alive?"

"Yes. It's actually ridiculous that he's currently reaching out for us."

"Why is it ridiculous? Well, you can tell him about your situation."

"What? Do you really expect me to-"

"No. I mean you have to be considerate and-"

"I have to be considerate? Did he consider me before he left?" you scoffed. You yanked you arms and glared at her.

"I'm sorry."

You signed. "Let's not talk about him."

Both of you remained quiet after that. You were heading to the hospital. She's visiting your mother and as for you, you've been staying there for the past week. You were looking after your mom. Sugawara stops by everyday to check if everything's okay.

Your mother was asleep when you arrived. You dropped your body on the sofa while your best friend dragged a chair and sat beside your mom.

"She's still pretty even though she's sick. I can't even tell that she's sick," your best friend said, examining her.

"Of course, that's where I got my looks from," you joked to decrease the tension between you two.

She clicked her tongue." Yeah right, you're overconfident."

You chuckled at her response.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Your crush! We totally have to plan it before your mom wakes up."

"It doesn't matter anymore. I have to prioritize her."

"Yes, but you should try multitasking too. If I was your mom, I would totally want to see you get married."

"Whatever."

"You're hopeless. At least tell who he is so I can do it myself."

"What are you going to do? Tell him?"

"Nope. First, I'm going to ask what he likes in a girl. Next, I going to ask him if he likes blind date. I'll set you up. If he disagree, I have plan B. I'll hint him that someone likes him. Or plan C, I'm going to befriend him then ask for a hangout then leave you with your 'alone' time."

"That's shitty."

"I'll think of more ideas then. Just tell me and leave it to me."

"Nah, I'm worried about my love life. I might end up regretting it if I let you handle it."

She clicked her tongue again. "Brat."

You chuckled. "Let me buy some snacks. Don't take your eyes off her!"