11

"Okay, lie down and wait for me. Rest," Sugawara said, guiding you. 

He removed your shoes, as well as your socks. He made sure you weren't feeling cold, covering your body with your blanket.  He brought your shoes and socks down, putting it on the shoe rack.

In the kitchen, he gathered things he could use to make you a porridge. Seems like your fever has gone higher. Good thing, your mother always make sure you have everything you need for the next month. 

For a good half an hour, he prepared everything you need. He went upstairs and found you sleeping. Waking you up, he helped you sit so you can eat and drink some medicine.

"Thank you," you said, trying to get the spoon from him.

"Let me feed you," he stopped you and told you to open your mouth by aligning the spoon.

You had no choice since you were also wrapped in a thick blanket and if you put your hand out, you might feel cold. He slowly feed you as you stare at him.

Both of you had no idea that each of you is imagining things about the other. Sugawara managed to keep his blush to himself. You didn't have to hide yours since your fever already provided you pink cheeks.

Is this how you'll take care of your future wife? Wow, what a lucky girl. I wish I can be your future wife. But how can coward step up in a relationship.

Sugawara looked into your eyes when he noticed you're staring. He wondered if you're examining his actions. He once again planned to confess to you on your birthday so he doesn't want you to know now. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Since when were you feeling like this?"

"Eh?" you sniffed. You felt nervous since you know it's all your fault.

"Now, (Y/N). I won't get mad."

"I know you will."

"I won't even call you 'young lady'."

"Promise?"

"Yes, just tell me the truth."

"I had to stay up until 2 AM for my mother. Then, I had to wake up early for school. I even woke up late and I'm thankful for the bento you gave. We had P.E. I had to run and sweat, even the lecturer had overtime. We had to hurry since it's lunch time, the cafeteria will be probably packed with students. I didn't have time to wipe my sweats and even change clothes because I tried searching for my friend, she suddenly disappeared. I only had time to change after the first afternoon subject." you waited for him to scold you but he didn't. "Uhh, I was feeling dizzy since morning. I felt my body got heavier after the P.E. I don't know if hunger caused my head ache. I didn't get to eat the food you prepared for me. Sorry. When I woke up in the gym, I can't breathe well from this stuffy nose. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to feel sorry. I'll take care of you tonight until you feel well. Then, I'll sleep in the hospital with you so you have someone to rely on."

"You're being too nice," you started tearing up.

"Why are you crying? Come on, finish this so you can drink your medicine and rest."

After feeding you, he stayed with you until you fell asleep. He cleaned everything up once he was sure you're deep in slumber. Then, he prepared you a warm sponge bath.

He picked up clothes from your closet. He gently caressed your skin using the sponge, cleaning you up so your temperature would cool down. 

Clearing throat and a deep breath, he unbuttoned your uniform. He couldn't help but blush. He slowly removed your clothes, leaving you on your underwear. He made sure you won't wake up, gently putting new clothes on you.