21: A Lifetime's Reprieve

"So, care to explain what you found, Marina?" Callie asked. Right now, everyone (excluding you and the Cap'n) was gathered in the living room of the Pygmy mansion. Marina swallowed nervously, holding the PDA you left in her hands. She licked her dry lips, before looking down at this.

"I... didn't want you guys knowing about this until I could understand it better, but I had to talk to Y/n about it." Marina admitted.

"...okay, but what is it?" Pearl asked. Marina sighed, turning on the device.

"It's called a Personal Digital Assistant, or PDA for short." Marina told everyone.

"It contains... well... it has our answers." Marina announced.

"Answers? So that-" Pearl's words were stopped by a gasp as Marina nodded.

"Daily logs from Y/n's life, starting five years ago, and ending two weeks before we found him on the streets." Marina confirmed.

"So, Y/n's been writing in that thing for years? That's commitment." 3 remarked. Marina shook her head.

"It's not all written logs. There are video and audio recordings too. Though some of them aren't very...." Marina sucked in some air.

"Well, let's say some of this isn't for the faint of heart." Marina admitted.

"Faint of heart meaning...?" Marie rolled her hands for Marina to continue. Marina's already racing heart was beginning to go into overdrive as she continued.

"Well, this may sound crazy, but before I tell you, I need you all to promise me something." Marina requested.

"I'll promise anything, just tell us." Pearl told her.

"You guys need to promise to not interrupt me, and to never speak about what I'm about to tell you to anyone other than each other, myself, or Y/n, if he feels like it." Marina gulped after saying this.

"...alright." Marie agreed.

"Got it." Callie nodded.

"Anything for this." Pearl responded.

"...I do not know what this is about, but okay." 8 spoke timidly.

"..." 3 was silent at first, watching everyone stare at her.

"...ugh, fine." 3 rolled her eyes.

"Just tell us." She told Marina. Marina took in a deep breath.

"Well, first of all... this has proof that humans are still alive." Marina's first words were already met with shocked silence.

"...it also has proof that they live in space, on ships and other planets... and that they... they squidnapped Y/n for research." 3 was about to stand up, before Marie grabbed her shoulder, sitting her down.

"It also tells the story of how Y/n survived on an alien planet for about to 4 years before returning here..." Marina gulped, before squeezing her eyes shut.

"...Marina?" Callie's tone was starting to soften.

"He did so... by... by..." Marina's voice broke, and her knees started to tremble.

"Hey, if you don't want to-" Pearl's consoling was interrupted by Marina shouting out.

"HE ONLY SURVIVED BY KILLING HUNDREDS OF HUMANS IN A SHIP CRASH!" Marina's voice was shrill, as a shocked silence fell over the group.

"He... he even threw one into the ocean to drown after slashing their legs..." Marina's voice fell quiet as she muttered that.

"So, he lied..." 3 growled.