4: Survive vs Thrive

Y/n L/n's Survival log: Entry 11

  You had spent the last day on the deck of the Aurora, not taking off your radiation suit, or entering the ship. Sometimes, if you listened closely, you could still hear those shrieks

  Finally, you stood up, turning around to face the entrances to the ship. Currently, fires and crates stood in you way. You had brought a spare fire extinguisher, as well as a laser cutter, propulsion cannon, knife, repair tool, and scanner.

  Equipping yourself for whatever dangers you forsaw, you pressed on into the Aurora.

Crab creatures that ate humans were your only lethal resistance, something you dealt with by lifting them with the propulsion cannon and sending them to the fucking shadow realm.

Inside the ship itself was little of note. You found tons of abandoned PDA's that somehow survived the impact and nuclear blast that followed, as well as smaller objects, such as posters, toys, and a baseball cap, which you left behind.

Finally, you found yourself at a crew members room, searching through their stuff. This one had easily the most stuff survive, even if they didn't themself.

First thing was their PDA. It was cracked, but functioning. You tapped on it, forcing it awake, as it flickered. Seems the best you could do was transfer the data from that onto your own PDA, and look at it later. You got to it, continuing to search.

From that room, you scanned a large amount of furniture, ranging from beds to a round table, to a desk, before moving on.

You got into the Prawn Suit bay next, scanning all of the mech-like vehicles, designed for traversing hostile environments like this one. You were able to take a quick dive from there, moving on to another bay filled with Sea Moths. All you got from that was a modification for water pressure.

You had a very successful run, going through the entirety of the Aurora, taking as little as you could to save space in your storage. And eventually...

"Warning. Local radiation at maximum tolerable levels." Your PDA spoke, echoing throughout the chamber you had just stepped into. This room had four nuclear reactors, with several holes in each of them. You grabbed your repair tool, getting to work.

Frankly, you'd much rather repair this then face whatever creature was outside the ship.

Finally, the final leak was closed, and things started to run again. You pulled yourself out of the water as the air seemed to clear up. Your PDA spoke up, something you failed to listen to as you sat down, taking a breather. The radiation in the air cleared up at a shockingly fast pace. At this rate, the entire area around the ship would be clean in about three days. You pulled yourself up, resisting the urge to take off your helmet. You were starting to get hungry, but it was either you go hungry or whatever was out there potentially doesn't. You shuddered at the choices, not wanting to choose.

Not that it mattered. Ashley would tell you to be brave, so you'd have to. You would need to get out of the Aurora, and back to your lifepod.

You slowly opened your eyes, yawning as you sat up in bed. The sun had yet to rise, meaning no light in your room. You pushed yourself out of bed, grabbing your PDA to check the time.

"5 o'clock, huh?" You put the PDA away, where nobody would accidentally stumble upon it, before opening your door, stepping outside, before stopping.

There, right in front of your door, was Marina, fast asleep on a chair. You looked at her, piecing together the only reason she would be right there. You stepped forward, picking her up bridal style.