Chapter 13: Love Colored Maiden's Capriccio, Uncanny and Powerful

Pitch black.

That was what met me when I regained consciousness.

...

...

...

No, wait, that was just my eyes closed. Maybe if I open my eyes, I might see something different. Ooh... but do I really have to? Opening my eyes takes too much effort, especially since I just woke up. All I wanna do is go back to sleep. Maybe five more minutes and then I'll properly wake up... maybe.

...

...

...

NO. WAKE THE F*** UP! OR THE AUTHOR WILL MAKE ME SLEEP FOR ETERNITY!

With that in mind, I reluctantly opened my eyes, I saw myself lying on my back, gazing at the dark sky. Well, what do you know, even after I opened my eyes, it's still dark.

I moved my body to stand back up. I noticed that I was standing on a bridge. A really, REALLY, long bridge. I looked back and forward and no end was in sight. In the end, I decided to trust my guts and picked a direction. The lucky one was going forward from where I woke up.

...I felt like I've been doing a lot of walking lately.

Also, this place is weird. Aside from the occasional wisps, maybe a few fairies, there's literally nothing here. Not a single person, not a soul, nada. It's as if this is a bridge people no longer cross. It makes this place kind of creepy if you ask me.

But, I'm not letting this horror-like situation stop me. It's not like there's any other way to go than back anyway, and going back at this point would just be a waste of time.

...

...

...

Oh, and that thing I talked about there not being other people here? I take that back. It's quite further away, so I can't see it clearly, but there is definitely a silhouette of a person there.

As I walked closer to the silhouette, it became clearer and clearer. The silhouette took the form of a young woman with curly blonde hair and green eyes. She's wearing a scarf around her neck and a traditional brown dress tied with a white sash. What's interesting about her is her ears, they're pointy, like an elf's ears.

"Um

"Um... Excuse me?" I asked.

"...You should not be here. Go back to where you're from." She said with disinterest.

"Sorry, I just want to ask where I am?"

"So, you won't listen..." She muttered

"Huh?" Now I was confused.