Chapter 17: Promise to Keep, On Yet Another Day

It's been a couple of weeks since the Trials of Guts were held by the Eientei crew. A few things have happened since then.

A brawl between Mokou and Kaguya became a weekly thing in the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. Eirin became a doctor for the Human Village, though she still stays in the Eientei. Meanwhile, Reisen is the bridge between the Human Village and Eientei. She constantly travels between the two to sell some medicines and escort anyone who needed treatment from Eirin.

And today, I'm going to start the day off with a bang!

Oh, sorry. Did you think that was a phrase? No, I was being literal.

"Another failed attempt..." I groaned in pain as I lied down in the crater I made.

Shakily, I picked myself back up and climbed out of the crater. My face is covered in black soot, my clothes were quite torn up from all the abuse it took. I quickly wiped off the soot on my face with water magic, drenching my face and my clothes wet. But thanks to the convenience of magic, creating fire to dry myself was a non-issue.

What am I doing, you ask? Well, I am currently doing my job of watching over Flandre in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Right now we're specifically located in the garden of the SDM.

Oh, and by watching over I meant that I gave Flandre something to do while I go do my own thing, though at least I was still near her in case something unwanted happened.

"♪Cha-La! Head Cha-la!♪" Flandre sang along as she watched Dragon Ball Z on my phone.

That's right. I gave Flandre Dragon Ball to watch while I'm doing my thing. Her destructive nature would go like peanut butter and jelly with Dragon Ball Z's explosive show. And sure enough, she's thoroughly enjoying it. I wouldn't be surprised if I find her doing, and succeeding, a Kamehameha one of these days.

"♪Nani ga okite mo kibun wa!♪" Oh, that's right. Flandre wasn't the only one enjoying the show. Meiling was too, evident by her singing along with Flandre. She seems to enjoy it more actually, based on the absolutely goofy grin on her face. Man, lucky them. I want to sing along too, but I have to focus on what I'm doing right now. Sparking!

"Enjoying yourselves back there?!" I asked.

"I want to teach a dinosaur how to ride a ball now!" Flandre said with an absolutely beaming smile. Well, that answers that question.

"Indeed." Meiling nodded, still glued to the show. "This has been really inspiring, being a ki user myself." Little did I know, she has been taking notes on some useful stuff.

"Good to know!"

Enough about that, let's get back to what I was doing. Evident by the broken trees and the holes in the ground, I was trying to create a new attack, which only ended up exploding in my face. After seeing Eirin use it against me and the power it contained, I decided to make one as well. It was long overdue anyway.

That's right, I am in the process of creating my own Last Word. Well, at least trying to anyway.

"Gahh!!! I don't get it! What am I doing wrong?!" I groaned in frustration.

"What are you doing, Onii-san?" Flandre asked, pausing the ongoing Dragon Ball show.

"Oh, it's nothing... don't worry about me. You go and enjoy the show. You like it right?" I reassured Flandre with a pat on the head.

"Yup!" She said with a smile before flying off and resuming to watch.

I watched the happy but insane child vampire with a smile before sighing as I was finally out of her vision. I tried focusing once again.