Chapter 18: Mentor and Pupil, Kazami Yuuka and (Y/N) (L/N)

Another couple of weeks has passed since my fateful, yet fearful encounter with Yuuka. This time, we're not starting off the chapter with what I'm doing, but with what Youmu is up to instead.

She was standing in front of my room before knocking. "(Y/N)? Are you there?" When she received no answer, she decided to open it.

"(Y/N)?" She found nobody instead. Wondering where I went, she looked around the room, searching for hints on where I might have gone.

"Hm?" She found a book lying on the table. Curious, she picked it up. "Isn't this the book (Y/N) bought a few weeks back?"

Soon, her curiosity got the better of her and she took a peek. "...Is this a diary?" Already gone too far, she decided to read it.

Day 1

After being thoroughly brutalized by Yuuka, I hesitated to go to her. But I fear that if I didn't go, then she might come to me and drag me out anyway. So with great reluctance, I went for some more 'training' with Yuuka.

Contrary, to what I dreaded, the training this time wasn't as bad. It was actually, kind of normal. Heh, if this is all this 'hellish' training is, then this will be a piece of cake.

"So, he has a mentor now? I would've trained with him if he asked." She pouted before turning to the next entry.

Day 2

I did a lot of things.

"D- Did the tone suddenly just change?"

I did many, many things. I figured out how to bend my arms I never thought possible before. I figured out how much pressure my back can take before it breaks. I figured out how many miles I can run before I puke. I figured out how much blood I can lose before I pass out of anemia.

Youmu gulped. 'What kind of mentor does he have?!' she thought. She then turned to the next entry.

Day 3

I ran. I ran and ran and ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. And then I passed out. I then ran again and again and again and again and again and again and again until I passed out again. She would heal me and have me run again.

Rinse, repeat, and I'm dead inside.

Day 7

She taught me how to dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge. Dodge.

...What was I doing again? Oh, right. DODGE!

Day 10

That damn monster, I'll definitely get you back for this.

"What happened to him?" Youmu kept reading.

Day 11

I'm sorry. I won't talk back again. I promise.

"What happened to him?!" Youmu repeated, this time with more concern in her voice.

Day 13

I'm starting to clear my daily routines with no problem. I barely get tired anymore.

Day 14