Chapter 20

Julianna POV

After the fiasco this morning I tried to not bump into Chris the whole day, I was a little bit confused and angry with the way things are, I still keep on repeating in my mind Kung bakit nagawa namin yun kagabi ni Chris, ok granted I'm a little drunk last night, but it was never an issue of me being drunk kasi dati nalasing naman ako at muntik na mabastos ng mga lalaki but I still defended myself and walk away untouched, bakit Kay Chris nagpaubaya ako?

When I went for a fresh breath as my poolside nadatnan ko si Chris doon na maykasusap Sa phone, aakmang tatalikod na Sana ako para makaiwas Sa kanya Pero pigilan niya ako, kaya wala akong magawa kundi I umupo nalang Sa may reclining chair Sa may poolside at pagmasdan si Chris habang tinatapos ang phone call.uu aaminin ko gwapo si Chris sobrang maapil, Sa Dami ba namang babae nito makakaila ko pa ba, gwapo na mayaman pa.

"Like what you see, babe?" The arrogant voice said, making me break with My thoughts and earning him a glare in return.

"No" I stated simply "I was thinking something else and you were in the way of my thoughts" at nagiwas ako ng tingin.

He cleared his throat and tried to change the topic "Julianna, that was a call from the office they want me there now, I may have to fly today back to Manila" he explained the call, did I asked him who or what the call was?tsk "I want you to know, that what I said to you earlier is true and will push thru, will get married after you graduate" he said to me pleadingly

"Chris, can you think it through? Maybe you are just as confused as I am and the accident last night make you haste in deciding that you want to marry me" I tried to make him see, that there was nothing to rush "ok, I admit my losing my virginity last night was a big impact with me, but I don't think marriage is the answer to our problem, are we ready for that? Are we compatible enough to make it last? This is a big step you want us to take, and I doubt that you are also ready" he tried to cut thru my sentence but I held him "no, no, you listen you are Christopher Monteverde, the rich and famous playboy billionaire, you can have any woman in your arms just with a click of your fingers and I don't think marrying me will ever stop you for being who you are, specially when we are not in love" then I turned around leaving him to think with my words.

After that conversation with him in the poolside, he left without saying good bye, just a word with Manang to take good care of me and that he will return as soon as possible.

Chris POV

I left her alone so that she can have some time for herself, even if whatever she said, I will not backout from my decision to marry her, I know if I keep on pushing her to much she will stubbornly fight me back, so I let her have her peace just for now. As I flew back to Manila, I kept on repeating her words in my mind, doesn't she trust me enough to remain true and faithful to her when we get married, is it the main reason why she doesn't want to be tied with me? Am I not trustworthy to her?